Webinar - MS Exchange Implementation & Planning on AWS

Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
Date: September 12, 2013
Time: 9:00am PDT (UTC-7) 12pm Eastern Time - 5pm London Time

Please join us to learn about planning Microsoft Exchange implementations on AWS. You will learn the architectural considerations and steps involved to plan and deploy an Exchange Server 2010-based messaging service in the AWS cloud, including available tools to automate deployment. We will highlight the recently published "Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 in the AWS Cloud: Planning & Development Guide", which discusses topics and configuration steps relevant before and after launching the necessary AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) to run a high availability and site resilient Exchange architecture.

You will learn:
• How to plan, design, deploy and test Microsoft Exchange solutions built on AWS elastic infrastructure
• Performance monitoring in cloud-based scenarios
• Deployment automation using AWS CloudFormation and Microsoft PowerShell

Who should attend:
• Exchange Developers and Administrators, Solution Architects, Technical Project Managers, Security Ops

Presenter: Ulf Schoo, Microsoft Solution Architect, Amazon Web Services

[ Link ]

Comments

• ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I have deployed the on-prem infrastructure required for an Office 365 hybrid deployment - Exchange 2010 hybrid server, ADFS servers, Dirsync server - in the AWS cloud. I glanced through the deployment guide and it looks like a typical Exchange deployment using the role requirements calculator.

I would like to see a cost comparison of hosting Exchange servers in a public cloud compared to the cost of Office 365. Some companies want the CAPEX tax advantage of buying physical servers and storage to host Exchange themselves instead of the OPEX monthly subscription cost. Others want to maintain strict control over their data and who has access to it. Both of those obstacles remain in a public cloud Exchange server deployment. Amazon would need to provide some cheap resources and storage to match the 50 GB mailboxes in Office 365, considering you still need server and user CALs.