Free Online Pentest Workshop - from Joseph McCray

All day Saturday September 28th – 1 full day of both Network Pentesting and Web App Pentesting . We’ll go from 10am-4pm EST. You’ll get your courseware, and virtual machines on the 25th of September.
The workshop will be recorded and the video of it will be made available for download. Get ready – this workshop is gonna be full on pentesting covering both Network and Web App Pentesting all in one shot!
Network Pen:
• External Network Scanning
• Internal Network Scanning
• Exploitation (Service and Client-Side)
• Post-Exploitation Web App Pen:
• SQL Injection
• Cross Site Scripting
• File Handling Vulnerabilities
Space is limited.

Strategic Security ++ FREE Online Pentesting Workshop
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SaumilSaumil Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this, do we get cert?
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Looks like fun, thanks for sharing!
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Sure ! Anytime !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I'm in, thanks chanakyajupudi icon_thumright.gif
  • amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I earned my C|EH several months back. I'm studying for the C|HFI now. While I'm not sure I will pursue a career in pen testing, it is a skill I want in my "bag of tricks". I'm down for any chance to acquire knowledge and experience. So I'm looking forward to this! icon_study.gif
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Thanks, I might check it out. It will be interesting to see how smooth the class goes. With so many moving parts (VMs, GoToMeeting, Audio, Courseware..etc), these things can be a mess to orchestrate for a bunch of people who don't meet together regularly.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Joe's done some pretty decent talks at Defcon as well - for folks that can't make the webinar, I would encourage you to check out the Defcon recordings of his talks on youtube. For some reason, Joe's talks always stick out in my mind. Probably his mixture of colorful language and his penchant for rum and cokes . Thanks for sharing the link.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Joe was my instructor for a C|EH bootcamp a few years ago in Maryland. He is good.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Anyone know if the courseware (I assume a workbook?) will be sent to us via email or through the mail?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its free, someone is actually going to invest money and time for you to advance your education in this field. Everyone should be grateful if you are attending and not complain about where he is from, what he has done, how the online environment will work. That being said, some people say he has spoken at defcon, some say he has taught CEH courses, honestly that is good enough for me to listen to the guy. Not everyone gets to speak at Defcon , think about that.

I signed up, and grateful for the good and hardships that may come during the class. I am sure everyone attending can learn something.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I signed up and am really looking forward to it. Even giving up my Saturday boxing for it, should be a pretty good time I think.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I' ve signed up. Thks
  • crashblastcrashblast Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will definitely look into this.
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sweet find! Thanks for the link.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So just wondering, who all attended this aside from myself? I'm just wondering what everyone's impression was of the situation.

I'll say that the lack of courseware, the fact the recording has yet to be uploaded (to my knowledge), and the lengthy periods of questions that were not relevant to the situations presented, caused me to disconnect a couple of hours in and go on with the rest of my day. Was looking for a good day of pentest learning, and didn't get a lot out of it. I know he does paid classes, but if this is any indication of how things are in those, it's not encouraging me to purchase them. Just my 2 cents.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I concur, not quite what I'd call completely professional. It certainly didn't leave me with a good first impression, but I'd give him another chance.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I lasted 2.5 hours and I agree that it was a hot mess. Just based on that, I would not purchase or attend his paid course. It was obvious that he was a nice guy, very personable, and also pretty smart. But course delivery and organization are so important. Free or not, it was not a great representation of quality training.