Passed GCIH Today !

chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
As the title indicates I passed my GCIH today ! Percentage 76% - Not very happy about it but a pass is a pass !

GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
First Certified: September 10th, 2013
Expiration: September 30th, 2017

I attended the in person class by Chris Mohan in Bangalore in May 2013. Been studying up for the exam only from August. I have no real experience in the Incident Handling realm but have documented and done stuff with my companies Incident Response plans and such.

I think the course is fun and Chris has done a good job !

Thank you YFZblu , JDMurray, Docrice and many others who have helped me in whatever way !

Special thanks to Psycho32 and YFZblu for the additional practice exams they gave away to me.

Need a break from studying for a week and then on to the GSEC !

I am trying to attend the FOR408 In Class happening in Bangalore only if the Work Study happens though !

Additionally I now have three unused Practice tests , Please PM with your email addresses ( SANS Registered )

February 12th, 2014 14:53 UTC
January 1st, 2014 15:58 UTC
November 13th, 2013 12:27 UTC

The above are expiry dates. In case you want something particular do let me know in your message.

Preference is to those who are actually going to write the exam soon and the rest follows.

Adios !

Chanakya
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Thanks !

@Breadfan - Whats your review on the GCWN ( 2103 )

I would be very interested ! But the class does not happen in India so No Work Study !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• Tom ServoTom Servo Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Also, thank you for the practice test! I hope to be able to join you as a GCIH soon :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congratulations!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Thanks @Master of Puppets and @cyberguypr

How long does one usually have to wait for the paper cert ?

I wanted the Frame one just for the heck of it though ! Paid already ! 34.50$ !

• mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! :D
    Thanks ! Looks like you have done your certs just like me. Microsoft and Redhat ! Looks like you have been in this business long before I even started working !

Do connect on LinkedIN. I have plans to come to Singapore to attend one of the 2014 SANS conferences.

• BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Chanakyajupudi: The GCWN was a great class. I took it last year and they have revamped it since then to include Malware I believe. I've been a Windows Guy for a long, long time and I still learned a lot. If learning how Windows ticks is your thing, then go for it.

I want to do the GCIH after I complete my CISSP class in October and then prepare for the exam (pending budgetary approval, lol).
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha, my CCNA exam was somewhere in 2001, and MCSE: Security in 2005. Still got a lot to learn :) Discover new things everyday.. just did my CISM last week and waiting for results :)

And just added you on LinkedIn!
    Impressive !

• Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! GSEC is foundational so it goes across a lot of topics. Good luck on it. GCWN on the other hand is a mind killer, literally. Jason Fossen (Course Writer and Instructor) puts so much information in there it's not every funny. I re-sat the course a couple of months ago (updated 2012 server and WIN 8 and it felt like he added even more information than he had in there with the 2003 server track. If you are going to take it, DO ALL THE LABS 2x at least. Make sure that you know how he recommends to secure IIS backwards and forwards. The Powershell stuff is good also, but I do believe that you probably won't see that much of it on the exam.
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • bkhayesbkhayes Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As the title indicates I passed my GCIH today ! Percentage 76% - Not very happy about it but a pass is a pass !

GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
    First Certified: September 10th, 2013
    Expiration: September 30th, 2017

I attended the in person class by Chris Mohan in Bangalore in May 2013. Been studying up for the exam only from August. I have no real experience in the Incident Handling realm but have documented and done stuff with my companies Incident Response plans and such.

I think the course is fun and Chris has done a good job !

Thank you YFZblu , JDMurray, Docrice and many others who have helped me in whatever way !

Special thanks to Psycho32 and YFZblu for the additional practice exams they gave away to me.

Need a break from studying for a week and then on to the GSEC !

I am trying to attend the FOR408 In Class happening in Bangalore only if the Work Study happens though !

Additionally I now have three unused Practice tests , Please PM with your email addresses ( SANS Registered )

February 12th, 2014 14:53 UTC
    January 1st, 2014 15:58 UTC
    November 13th, 2013 12:27 UTC

The above are expiry dates. In case you want something particular do let me know in your message.

Preference is to those who are actually going to write the exam soon and the rest follows.

Adios !

Chanakya

Hello. i am also taking the 6 day class the prepares a person for the exam in March. Do you have any suggestions of things that i could possibly do while i wait to take this class? any suggestions would be appreciated.