CISA Sep 2013

matthew2012matthew2012 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have completed CISA Exam this morning.
I spent less than 3 hours.

The pattern of those questions is similar to the Questions & Answers DB by ISACA, thought I did not have time to do them all.
I only spent about 6 hours yesterday to do about 250 questions.

Besides, I feel CISA is easier than CISSP.

Now i am waiting for the result....

Any one sit the same exam with me today?

Comments

• AndiSmithAndiSmith Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

i did the CISA test today, too.

Well, i also did not practice too much (about 15 hours, with the Practice QA DB test prep software from ISACA). I think i saw about 500 questions of the sotware.
    But I have a M.Sc. Degree in IT-Security and I'm working as an Internal (IT) Auditor for 5 years.

In my opinion, the question were far away from the software. At least, i cant remember to have seen one of those from the cisa exam in the test prep software.

Questions were "ok", the problem is, there were - imho - a plenty of questions where you simply had to guess between 2 possibilities which seemed equal to fit as a correct answer.

I hope i passed .... we will see .... 5 weeks till scores are mailed.

Good luck to others
  • matthew2012matthew2012 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Totally agreed.
    For me, about 20 questions can be guessed (only an answer is reasonable), and i found some questions were asking same things or ideas. e.g. feasibility test, etc.

Good luck to all.
  • Abi2012Abi2012 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the CISA Sept exam too in the US, Its really tricky i will say....This isnt my first attempt and i was able to extesively practice the QA DB test prep software from ISACA this time. The 5 weeks waiting begins.....:). I cant wait to get it over........

I wish everyone best of luck.

Regards
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Abi2012 wrote: »
    I took the CISA Sept exam too in the US, Its really tricky i will say....This isnt my first attempt and i was able to extesively practice the QA DB test prep software from ISACA this time. The 5 weeks waiting begins.....:). I cant wait to get it over........

I wish everyone best of luck.

Regards

Hi, I took it in Hong Kong, there were about 120 people.

Some were students, and many were working.
    I saw at least two from Mainland China.
  • Franklyn316Franklyn316 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, is the question paper same across the globe or it is different, cause i didnt find much of the question related to the ISACA question database. i found the exam tricky and difficult to choose the correct answer.. its my first attempt and already im already preparing for the december exam..don have any trust that i will pass...
    well at least there are two different version, because the girl sat next to me, had different questions (maybe just different order,i dont know).
    i dont remember most questions, .... i just remember that about 50 times within test i said the F* word.
    as for me, i think too, ill have to re-take the exam .... as i already mentioned, i hadnt much preperation ... and sat down .... im not sure ill be lucky enough to pass this .... HOPE SO!
  • Farida87Farida87 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like everybody in general has mixed feelings about the exam!! will see in about 4 more weeks!
    will see....

AndiSmith : I think the two set papers are only in different order. only the score from same set of questions would have fair scoring to determine pass or fail. (also world-wide for one version)

• Bunny229Bunny229 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aaa...it is great to have such a forum to discuss about the exam!! I took the CISA exam last Saturday too. Waiting for the results...pray pray... The database questions actually are somewhat tricky. I just cross my finger to pray that I have good luck in guessing some of the questions in the exam...and some questions are pretty detail.

Good luck to everyone!!
  • Bunny229Bunny229 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    by the way, does anyone know if there is any way to check score online?
  • diggity801diggity801 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam in Los Angeles on September 7th. I believe they said there was about 85 people there, split into two conference rooms at an upscale hotel. I thought it was actually easier than the practice questions database because the questions were way more straight forward. Or at least they tricked me into seeming easier and I failed anyways. I'm studying for CISSP in the meantime while waiting for the results. I realized that when the first 50 questions were taking an hour that I would be there the entire exam. I finished about 10 minutes before the deadline.
  • manikandanrvmanikandanrv Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam on Sep 7th in Chennai, India. I prepared with the CRM and the Q&A Practice DB. I felt the questions in the practice DB was tricky. However, the questions in the exam seemed more straight forward compared to the practice DB. I'm awaiting the results, though not sure what to expect, as people often mentioned they thought they did well but the answers were incorrect. Keeping fingers crossed. Will the email results be automatic or should I set the preference somewhere in ISACA website or somewhere else to receive the results in email?
    It depends on how you told them to notify you when you signed up. I received an email claiming the results may be posted in as little as five weeks from the exam through email.
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    Good luck to you all.
    It' s end of Sep...

Hope can have result in 1 - 2 weeks.
    ^^

Good Luck all.
    God bless u.
    Bunny229 wrote: »
    by the way, does anyone know if there is any way to check score online?

on the ISACA webPage - MyISACA

Certification Status

CISA: Registered for Exam - Results Pending
    I'm hoping we get the results around next Saturday. I think they may process this quicker because they emailed stating it could be just five weeks to see the results.

I just passed the SSCP exam on Saturday while waiting. Lots of crossover content.
  • mchlwsmchlws Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I was wondering if you or yourself would be interested in selling CISA books to me... Thanks
  • matt6558matt6558 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does anybody when the results will be out, I think it should this saturday or something,
    I check it everyday this week.
    Hope to have result ASAP. (I have guts feeling, the result will be released on Wed)
    diggity801 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get the results around next Saturday. I think they may process this quicker because they emailed stating it could be just five weeks to see the results.

I just passed the SSCP exam on Saturday while waiting. Lots of crossover content.
    Congratulations!!! ^^
    mchlws wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! I was wondering if you or yourself would be interested in selling CISA books to me... Thanks

Can find some useful materials in this forum. ^^
  • Abi2012Abi2012 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope to have result ASAP. (I have guts feeling, the result will be released on Wed)

I am waiting........=) Good luck to everone.
  • Franklyn316Franklyn316 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

hmmm, my gut feeling says, we will have the result on saturday!
  • Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've got a feeling that the scores will be emailed and posted by end-of-business on Friday. They might give the tests on Saturday, but I bet they don't want to work on Saturdays if they don't have to. Since they are based in the Chicago area, and are on Central Time, I'll deduce (wild guess of course) that by 6PM Central, we'll know. Of course this has a very wide margin of error.

I plan to start studying for the CISM as soon as I'm sure that I've passed the CISA (also a wide margin of error!)
    can't logon ISACA ...

can't check the status...

• Farida87Farida87 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can't logon ISACA ...

can't check the status...
    Same here. Wonder if their system crashed from everybody everybody refreshing their isaca profile screen to see the results. So nervous now!!!
    Farida87 wrote: »
    Same here. Wonder if their system crashed from everybody everybody refreshing their isaca profile screen to see the results. So nervous now!!!

Surely, it's system bugs.
    So, the one who certifies others cannot do well itself. (Lack of testing icon_redface.gif)

icon_rolleyes.gif