Options

Received A+ CE after completing Network+

JayemJayem Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
After passing my Network+, I also received an A+ CE certification that has an expiration date like all the rest. But I obtained my first A+ certification in 2010 when it was deemed a lifetime cert. Do I have a lifetime cert now or do I have to renew it every three years?

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jayem wrote: »
    After passing my Network+, I also received an A+ CE certification that has an expiration date like all the rest. But I obtained my first A+ certification in 2010 when it was deemed a lifetime cert. Do I have a lifetime cert now or do I have to renew it every three years?

Once you obtained the Network+ce cert you automatically enrolled yourself in the CE program, which caused your A+ to be converted to the A+ce. There's nothing you can do about this. On the positive side, passing a higher level cert renews all of the lower level certs for 3 years. So you can still take Security+ or Storage+ to renew the other certs before they expire. I believe the new Cloud+ and Mobility+ certs are being added to the CE program, so you may have more choices soon as well.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)