Passed A+ Core Hardware Test

!nf!n!ty!nf!n!ty Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passes Core Hardware with a 592!!!! On to OS I need some pointers on the things i need to study and the useless stuff to study.

kent

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the OS is harder than the hardware part. so you gotta study more.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    !nf!n!ty wrote:
    Passes Core Hardware with a 592!!!! On to OS I need some pointers on the things i need to study and the useless stuff to study.

kent

Well, if it's useless for you then skip it! Either focus on the exams that will benefit your career path or perhaps find a new career path. You do not need an A+ to become a Cisco or MSCE, it might be helpful, but if hardware and desktop OSs are not your interest....focus on the exams that are.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    I think by "useless" he meant stuff that rearly he will encounter in real world applications and stuff that no one will ask you about but still are part of the exam.
  • !nf!n!ty!nf!n!ty Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    By "useless" i meant what do i not need to worry about so much on the test so i can focus on something else that i will end up seeing.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Good job on passing your Core! I will admit that the OS portion is slightly harder, but I'm sure you can tackle it. I would advise you to know your basic DOS commands, know a decent bit of networking, as I did in fact get some questions about networking on the exam, as I am sure others on this site did, and know the core files of the different OS's. Feel free to ask again if you require assistance.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
    Thanks alot that helps. any tricks on learning the commands? or just learn em? lol
    first search google for the dos commands, then open a dos prompt and use them. use the /? switch to find into about all the other switches.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Yep, it's just like the IRQs, it seems hard memorizing them (at least to me it did) but eventually it just gets imprinted in your memory.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Thanks for the congrats from everyone, and thanks for the tips on the dos commands vizv and TheFORCE it will help out alot.