Passed the 70-410 this morning

tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-410.

I got a * mumbles something about a 77something* but who cares, I passed!

This is the third microsoft exam I have taken this year, after the 70-680 and the 70-686. The 70-410 was the easiest.

What I used to study.

Train signal. I watched and labbed the lessons on 70-410, but I also watched another series on Hyper-V and the Network+ portions concerning IPv6.

I read a lot of Technet, using Asif Dasl's thread as a guide.

I also read from chapters of MCTS 70-642 Cert Guide: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring by Don Poultron. I was having trouble with some of the theories on DNS and wanted some further reading material. THe basic concepts are the same.

Finally, I am readying Learning Powershell 3.0 In A Month of Lunches by Don Jones and Jeffrey Hicks. This is not specific to Server 2012, but there were a lot of question like, "The security policy tells you that you have to do X. How do you do that with powershell?" With knowing the basic syntax and grammar of Powershell those questions were not that hard.

Good luck to anybody planning on taking it.

One down, two to go.

Comments

• Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congras on the pass! Which are you taking next?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    70-411.

I am hoping to take that and the 70-412 by the end of the year. 3 months for two exams..Wish me luck.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass wish to achieve the same pretty soon and all the best with your next exam!!!!icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • nXPLOSinXPLOSi Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
    Twitter - ClarkFx
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass - you are right not to worry about the score. It counts. Real world experience will make up for anything you missed.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • GrayhenTorGrayhenTor Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done and good luck with 70-411 !!!

...hoping to do 70-411 real soon too. Am going through this cert at a punishing rate and currently spending more time on Technet than with my poor, suffering wifey :)
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    How long did you study for in total for this test?

tecjohnson wrote: »
    I passed the 70-410.

I got a * mumbles something about a 77something* but who cares, I passed!

This is the third microsoft exam I have taken this year, after the 70-680 and the 70-686. The 70-410 was the easiest.

What I used to study.

Train signal. I watched and labbed the lessons on 70-410, but I also watched another series on Hyper-V and the Network+ portions concerning IPv6.

I read a lot of Technet, using Asif Dasl's thread as a guide.

I also read from chapters of MCTS 70-642 Cert Guide: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring by Don Poultron. I was having trouble with some of the theories on DNS and wanted some further reading material. THe basic concepts are the same.

Finally, I am readying Learning Powershell 3.0 In A Month of Lunches by Don Jones and Jeffrey Hicks. This is not specific to Server 2012, but there were a lot of question like, "The security policy tells you that you have to do X. How do you do that with powershell?" With knowing the basic syntax and grammar of Powershell those questions were not that hard.

Good luck to anybody planning on taking it.

One down, two to go.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Congratz on the pass!
    How long did you study for in total for this test?

About 6 weeks, 2-3 hours a night almost every night except for Saturdays. I would watch train signal for about an hour and then an hour or two practicing what I just watched. Spent the last two weeks of that just hitting technet.
    GrayhenTor wrote: »
    Well done and good luck with 70-411 !!!

...hoping to do 70-411 real soon too. Am going through this cert at a punishing rate and currently spending more time on Technet than with my poor, suffering wifey :)

Same here! I also got twin boys at home, 20 months old. I don't usually get a chance to study until about 10pm. After I passed this test that I would take the rest of the week off to spend with her and start studying for the 411 next week.
  • MCITBoundMCITBound Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass!!
    If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool: