Options

CCNP Passed!

mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
Passed the CIT today to complete the CCNP...

Finally!

Comments

• Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How did u finish your CCNP without CCNA?

What material/labs did you use to preparet? Thanks!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!
    Sa'ad wrote:
    Congrats! How did u finish your CCNP without CCNA?.......
    I thought you must have NA to get NP. My guess is he just replaced it under his certifications, understood that an NP is also NA......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I used the Cisco Press books, CBT Nuggets, & finally went through a CCNP bootcamp.

Yes, I had my CCNA already - otherwise, I couldn't have gotten my CCNP. I would list both on a resume, but not in a tech forum.
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congrats.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    the_return_of_the_Ringthe_return_of_the_Ring Member Posts: 119
    mwgood wrote:
    Passed the CIT today to complete the CCNP...

Finally!
    Congrats!
    Can I ask how long you did the preparation in the whole CCNP tests? I mean, I just passed CCNA yesterday, I want to figure out the pace on CCNP. Thanx and again congrats, it's not easy!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Can I ask how long you did the preparation in the whole CCNP tests? I mean, I just passed CCNA yesterday, I want to figure out the pace on CCNP. Thanx and again congrats, it's not easy!

The way I did it was to at least keep some basic hands-on experience as to not forget the basics. I've been studying the BSCI off and on for about 8 months - watched most of the CBT Nuggets CCNP videos - then tied everything together by attending a 2 week bootcamp, where we had plenty of lab experience on 2811 routers and 3550 switches. I was able to configure frame-relay, ISDN, ISIS, EIGRP, Multi-area OSPF, BGP, etc.

How long it takes depends on you - but something to consider is that much of the CCNP builds on existing CCNA knowledge - so the fresher the CCNA material is - the better. Also, it is crucial to cutting down your preparation time to find out the scope of what is currently being tested. There is a lot of material in the Cisco Press books that isn't even on the exam - so even though much of it will be useful in real life, a good portion of it will never appear on the exam.
  • Options
    blessedmeblessedme Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !
    I'm taking my BSCI exam soon. Could you advise on which area I should focus my effort.
  • Options
    chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    Does the CBT videos really helps you passing the exam?
    I purchased the CNT CCNP package and starting to read Sybex CCNP.