SWITCH passed [2/3]

Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
989/1000
Used SWITCH FLG, SWITCH SLM, and a couple of jeremy's videos even tough everything was pretty clear.

The exam itself was harder then ROUTE. I found that the sims and the multiple questions were trickier then ROUTE. I'm usually pretty good with exam's multiple questions but I found 5 or 6 questions with 2 right answers depending on how you interpret the wording. If I have one tip for this exam is to double check your sim labs once your done.

Taking TSHOOT on Monday as i've been told by several people that it is a joke.
Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing with such an awesome score! I agree in that the Switch exam was trickier than Route.

I do want to warn ya not to underestimate the Tshoot exam. While the exam is easy once you've already passed Route & Switch, you still have to pay attention pretty closely. It's not a joke of an exam, it's just that troubleshooting is usually one of the things we do day-in and day-out so it comes easier than trying to pack in those mental details. Good luck on the tshoot exam on Monday! I hope you pass it since you already put that certification in your avatar :)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    I hope you pass it since you already put that certification in your avatar :)
    Changed it just for you icon_wink.gif
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hahaha awesome icon_thumright.gif
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Didn't you just pass ROUTE like two weeks ago? That's quite the study pace, even with a ton experience.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Didn't you just pass ROUTE like two weeks ago? That's quite the study pace, even with a ton experience.

Yep, 16 days ago. It's not that hard really, study 8 hours per day/ 7 days per week and review your notes everyday. The less time you spend away from your books the easier it gets as you don't get any skill fade.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • realdreamsrealdreams Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    Congrats on passing with such an awesome score! I agree in that the Switch exam was trickier than Route.

I do want to warn ya not to underestimate the Tshoot exam. While the exam is easy once you've already passed Route & Switch, you still have to pay attention pretty closely. It's not a joke of an exam, it's just that troubleshooting is usually one of the things we do day-in and day-out so it comes easier than trying to pack in those mental details. Good luck on the tshoot exam on Monday! I hope you pass it since you already put that certification in your avatar :)

My experience says don't overthink ;) It's a sim exam and it does not reflect reality... There can be more problems with the network than the exam author intended.....
    Yes TS is a joke... just familiarize yourself with the exam topology (which is public on Cisco's site if you don't know it already), that can save you a lot of time
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Great Score.
    Good Luck on TSHOOT!
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Congrats DiegOM!!

I'm going to be working on switching first. So far just light reading though. No determined studying for awhile. Looking at maybe Dec/Jan to take the test.