Options

JNCI*-SP Study Group

ndonaghyndonaghy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are any folks progressing through the SP track interested in forming a study group? I work for a large ISP and want to go all the way to JNCIE-SP.

Got: CCNA, JNCIA
Booked: JNCIS-ENT (Q3 2013), JNCIS-SP (Q4 2013)

Comments

• Options
    FedorFedor Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is the JNCIS-SP study going? Or are you still working on ENT ?
  • Options
    Hi Fedor,

I have passed ENT (August) and SP (last Friday). All in all, the exams were easier than I had expected.
    JNCIS-SEC has only 250 pages of material, so when I got home from SP I thought, why not? I booked it for tomorrow. I'm half-way through the material and so far so good, feeling confident about it.

Next up, my CCNA expires in July and I want to recert by doing CCNP --- that's my next focus, CCNP before July. Appreciably just one exam is needed to keep the CCNA current but I'd like to be done with the lot ASAP.

9 months might seem a generous window but I am also completing my final year of university, and the course is not networking/telecoms.

So tell me, how are your studies going and what's in the pipeline?

Cheers,
    Niall
  • Options
    Update: Having investigated the options for re-certifying my CCNA R&S, the next logical step is CCNP SP. However, to get there I'll need not just the 4 x SP exams, but 640-902 as a pre-requisite from CCNP SP. I have put this on hold for the moment and may let my CCNA expire in favour of pushing on with Juniper certification instead. It doesn't make sense to invest in Cisco (1,000 USD + time) when I work in a Juniper shop and have access to exam vouchers.