passed 70-680

$TR1K3R$TR1K3R Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
passed 70-680 on first shot :)

I agree to those, who say that it's a very hard exam. Studied for one week and used self paced kit + Professor Messer's videos, however I tried to read Sybex book but found too many errors and abandoned.

exam score was 764, I know that's not great but anyway it's acceptable.

Now I'm not sure what exam to take 685 or 686 icon_sad.gif

Comments

• ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    $TR1K3R wrote: »

Now I'm not sure what exam to take 685 or 686 icon_sad.gif
    I've "internalized" the difference between the two exams as being: the 685 tests the technical "depth" of your Windows 7 knowledge (aka trivia), and the 686 tests your technical "breadth" (such has what components are needed for such-and-such customer environment). I preferred to take the 686 because I was sick/tired of Windows 7 details, and my preference for the bigger picture.
  • $TR1K3R$TR1K3R Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for reply, my friend. I'm also more interested in 70-686. Today started watching cbt Nuggets videos and I'm also going to begin reading of MS self paced kit
  • CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. I am presently studying for this, hoping to book it next week (As my company have kindly offered to pay for it). Presently using Professor Messer and Don Poulton's excellent book as revision material.
    Congrats on passing. I am presently studying for this, hoping to book it next week (As my company have kindly offered to pay for it). Presently using Professor Messer and Don Poulton's excellent book as revision material.

Good luck!
  • method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITMonkey wrote: »
    I've "internalized" the difference between the two exams as being: the 685 tests the technical "depth" of your Windows 7 knowledge (aka trivia), and the 686 tests your technical "breadth" (such has what components are needed for such-and-such customer environment). I preferred to take the 686 because I was sick/tired of Windows 7 details, and my preference for the bigger picture.

I agree about the 685 test. It seems to be a lot more focused on trouble shooting windows 7 which is why I choose to take that exam. I'll I do is trouble shoot desktop issues so it was a really easy test to study for and even learned about some great tools for Direact Access which I think will benefit my company because we've been having issues with certain users home networks.
    Now I am on the way to 70-686. Finally decided that it would be better choice. Also it can be upgraded to MCSA Win server 2012. That's a big deal, but I think that 70-686 can be done in two weeks or less with intensive studying.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif