I've got some options. Any opinions?

So, long story short: A few weeks ago I ended up finding some pretty juicy vulnerabilities on my company's website and the CISO is offering to pay for a course/certification exam for me.

My options are: OSCP, eCPPT, eWPT, or a subscription for securitytube's new PentesterAcademy

If you guys had the choice, what would you pick and why?

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I would take OSCP in a heartbeat if it was me. If you have the necessary skills to start the course, I don't see a reason why not.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • martin24martin24 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep OSCP is the best choice here !
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yup do the OSCP. I have a subscription to the Pentester Academy and while it is great material, if you want the cert you will still have to pay full price.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    OSCP ! Next years target for First Quarter for me and the Office Budget !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wait for OSCP with Kali. In december they will do Pentesting with Kali live at Defcon. I think after that the new version of OSCP will be available.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Bodanel wrote: »
    Wait for OSCP with Kali. In december they will do Pentesting with Kali live at Defcon. I think after that the new version of OSCP will be available.

This is what I have been thinking about in the past couple of days but offsec don't want to answer a lot of questions on that although I tried :D . I also think it should be next year though.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In a twitter post about 2 weeks ago they said they want to release the new version of oscp before the end of the year but they dont make any promises. The fact that they do this at defcon lets me hope that the course will be updated before this year's end. If so in january my journey will begin.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Thanks everyone! OSCP was my original thought, but then I decided I'd wait and see what everyone else said. I might wait a bit longer and wait to see if any more info about the kali content.
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Yup do the OSCP. I have a subscription to the Pentester Academy and while it is great material, if you want the cert you will still have to pay full price.
    You're talking about the SecurityTube certs right? I believe on the benefits page it says that if you have a subscription, its just $100 for the exams.
    How are you liking the content? is it worth the price?
  • idr0pidr0p Member Posts: 104
    Bodanel wrote: »

Defcon already passed fyi and it is usually july/august time.

i would do the most expensive one that offer value to the eCPPT the OSCP is cheap and may potentially be funded personally.