CISSP - course info

sbishop309sbishop309 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, newbie here. (with 20 years IT experiences)

i'm planning on taking the CISSP exam before next spring but i'm running out of time and i would like to take a cissp course. Anyone here taken a course? did it help? any suggestions or info on courses is much appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Comments

• da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I took the "training camp" boot camp and I would highly recommend it. It was nice to get away for a week and devote attention to the course. Plus the night sessions that they do really helped to drill in the material.
  • sbishop309sbishop309 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From which company did you take the training camp from?
  • mister704mister704 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If boot camps are your thing then I would suggest SANS. They are EXPENSIVE but at the same time, they have about one of the highest pass ratings. Somewhere in the 97% range which you have to take with a grain of salt seeing that some people may or may not let them know if they failed.

Myself, I was in a boot camp provided by my company but it just did not work for me. I still had to put my own time in and read and study.
  • sbishop309sbishop309 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm still planning on studying this fall/winter and then taking a course. Thanks
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I went to training camp. If you have some flexibilty in your schedule I would contact them and tell them you would like to take the course with "Dennis Lee." The class I was in all but one passed, out of 23 I think that speaks volumes.

Training Camp: Management and IT Certification Training including Cisco Training, Microsoft Training, PMP Training, CISSP Training, VMWare Training, Computer Training | Get Certified, Fast.
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the IntenseSchools CISSP boot camp. It was exceptional. (~$4600 with hotel room and exam)

I took their self-paced online training for another course (ISSEP), and it was a complete waste of money. ($1199 on sale from ~$1600).

I would highly recommend their classroom training. I cannot comment on their "online classroom" or any other offerings.

EDIT: I think their security branch is called InfoSec Institute, so it would be through them, not through Intense.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The SANS course MGM414 was awesome as well. I took that course and I can easily say that it was a BIG reason why I passed the CISSP first attempt.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    I too attended "Training Camp's" boot camp and can highly recommend it. I passed my first try after three months of self-study with Shaun Harris AIO book, practice tests, then the boot camp.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!