Options

CCNP Routing and Switching Cisco Library

smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
I was about to purchase this from Amazon and see the jillions of reviews complaining of the many errors/typos this edition has.

There is apparently a 5th edition with most of these corrected, but I can't find it anywhere.

Can any of you recommend somewhere to buy an edition with as few errors as possible?

Comments

• Options
    Ok. I think I want this unless someone thinks this would be a terrible purchase:
    CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test

I'm starting with switching, will move onto routing then will get the troubleshooting. They don't sell a bundle in PDF format.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Try the CCNP Route and CCNP Simplified series. Also, the Foundation Learning Guides for both Switch and Route are awesome as well
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Thanks, Iris. A lot of folks have recommended the Simplified series so I'll definitely look into that.

Did you happen to try out any of the Cisco Press books in this library? I just had such a good experience with the CCNA books that I wanted to give these a shot (if I could find them without so many errors).
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For Route I recommend the FLG book. As for Switch I would say the OCG and Simplified book would suffice.
  • Options
    Thanks, Flo0z, and Iris.

Did you read them in a particular order? I was going to start with OCG and move to Simplified after unless that sounds backwards to you.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There really is no order. I usually watch a training video and read the chapter that coincides with it. In my opinion Simplified is a lot better read.
  • Options