Passed 640-822/CCENT. Wanted to thank everyone and ask for some advice

exavierexavier Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone I haven't posted on here before but I've been browsing around here for a little bit. I'm happy took the CCENT exam and passed with a 825. First of all I wanted to say thank you. icon_smile.gif I found a lot of useful information on this forum in the ways of advice for the exam and resources to help in studying. Truthfully I was a little bit concerned and wish I had scored better but happy that I was able to pass. I plan to take part 2 sometime in the near future. My results showed that I was weaker in the topics of implementing a small routed network, explaining and selecting appropriate tasks for a WLAN and implement and verify WAN links and did pretty good in everything else. For preparing for part 2 I get the impression that I'll need to study hard on WAN standards, protocols and such along with practicing more on Lab/simulations. Just wanted to ask for other peoples opinions if that seemed like a sound thought process. Thanks again.

Comments

• MurphMurph Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! A pass is a pass not to worry, good luck with ICND2.
    2013 CCENT[x] 2014 CCNA[x] 2015 CCNP[ ]
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found things I struggle with in ICND1 became clearer when I moved into ICND2.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    You passed, congrats! Your goal is to understand the material and not simply pass an exam so if you find yourself asking yourself "How does a trunk work, how does VLAN traffic pass over that trunk? I really don't understand it completely"

Immediately pull up something like packet tracer, throw two switches in there. Add a few VLANS, trunk them together and work on it until you have two PC's on each side communicating with each other

That's where the fun comes in, because you are sitting at home and free to take your time and make mistakes. Throw up a couple routers, configure your serial link and then apply a routing protocol and again test with two PC's from both sides.

Good stuff...good luck
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • exavierexavier Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy to report that I passed the second half of the exam today! icon_smile.gif Was closer then I would have liked, lol. But glad I was able to pass.
  • D-starD-star Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on both. That is the same score I got and went on to pass the CCNA.
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif