Passed my exam with 2 questions

JouhaynaZJouhaynaZ Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
On friday 20/9/2013 .... i have just passed my exams (ITIL foundation v3). the questions were little tricky but in overall i like the course and the contents .

my 1st question : I need to put logo on my email signature so that my company know that i have ITIL now . which logo i must have .. or they will send me one in the certificate and the pin .

my 2nd question that I was informed that i cannot continue any intermediate without professional instructor.Is this right or i can buy the books and study and make exams .

please advice.

appreciated your reply .

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on passing your ITIL Foundation! You'll receive a certificate and pin from the exam institute that you took the exam with, but there is no official logo to use. Most people just add the qualification name (ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management) to their resume. You're correct that you need to take an accredited course at intermediate level - this can be in a classroom, blended or an online solution but it must be accredited. Kind regards Claire
  • JouhaynaZJouhaynaZ Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thx claire ,

I'm not satisfied to know that there is no official logo to use.Really i was expecting any symbol or Logo will show this . Can we raise this issue to be taken into consideration. From two months ago i took certificate and receive logo and put in my documents and emails. So i don't understand why not? in all way thank you and hope one day this issue can be solved and raised.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi there, the best company to approach would be Axelos, the new ITIL accreditor. They can be contacted at ask@swirlenquiries.com Claire
    thx claire ,

i raised this issue to your mentioned email address . hoping they will reply and i will post the reply here .

appreciated
  • charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JouhaynaZ wrote: »
    Thx claire ,

I'm not satisfied to know that there is no official logo to use.Really i was expecting any symbol or Logo will show this . Can we raise this issue to be taken into consideration. From two months ago i took certificate and receive logo and put in my documents and emails. So i don't understand why not? in all way thank you and hope one day this issue can be solved and raised.

Not being satisfied will not change the fact that, currently, no official logos exist for passing the ITIL v3 Foundation exam.

The ITIL v3 Foundation exam when passed grants a "certificate" and is not a formal "certification." The difference between the two are often blurred but extremely important to fully understand. Logos are, to my knowledge and I could be incorrect, usually given if and only if one is granted official "certification." I'm not trying to downplay the importance of ITIL as I think it's extremely valuable. The appropriate place to put this achievement is on your resume.
    Why "must you" have this in an Email signature?

Still, a certificate is what it is and it is not certification. For example, when I took my exam through Loyalist and received an official certificate clearly stating that the v3 Foundation was a certificate, this is exactly what I expected.

Certifications grant titles such as, for example, in accounting the "CPA" letters after one's name means a "Certified Public Accountant" or, in my field, "CRM" is a "Certified Records Manager." These bestow titles and usually require continuing education and fees to keep current.

You might already know the difference but even well known entities such as CompTIA use the two words in an exam description which leads to confusion.

Also, the intermediate ITIL tracks (exams) absolutely require one to take the courses via an accredited partner agency. I make no judgement as to whether I think this is "right or wrong" but it is the only way one can sit for intermediate ITIL exams so you must either accept this since you cannot change the rules immediately and decide if you want to take the intermediate level exams, or do not. This is your choice. "Choice" being the keyword.

You can let your company know that you the passed ITIL v3 Foundation exam and received (or will) the certificate to prove it without any need of a logo. You use the word "must have" in relation to a logo. Check your company's policies and verify if you are required to or "must have" a logo after an Email signature.

Keep going with ITIL because it's really worth it.

Congrats and know that it's probably one of the best all around foundation level certificates to earn. Job well done! Good luck in your future endeavors.
    thx charlemange for your congratulations .

I endorse with you about the intermediate to have it through accredited training centers . As its rule , i must respect it and continue the intermediate from the right door as you suggested .

In general about the logo , yes i am not satisfied , because i think i studied , i worked for it , i prepared for exams , and i think i deserve a symbol or logo to be put in any profile i will have; either in resume or email address; to show that i have ITIL. Really as i deserve a pin , i must deserve a logo to show only that I am ITIL foundation certified .This is kind of encouragement and appreciation for the certificate holders ...

off course I respect your opinion but doesn't mean that i am satisfied. the problem is not if the company can let us to add logo or not ??... this is another issue ..... My question is why we don't have any symbol or logo for the ITIL foundation holders . there must be a digital pin ...what the issue prevent to have this ?

and why not change ???? maybe you need to raise the incident--> to the problem managemnt ---> then to CAB then ---> to change management for deciding ? I feel very free to say my fully opinion and then its up for them to change or not.

thank you