Free VCA exam of your choice from VMWARE

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I am not in the USA too. Please call the US line and say that you are now in the USA and they will help you out ! I did the same and have scheduled the DCV exam and have cleared it.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• mrploddymrploddy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes they will help you.

Go to VMWare line and they will register you.
  • $TR1K3R$TR1K3R Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have just visited my local exam center and they helped me to register. now i have 48 hours to pass the exam
  • ricflairandyricflairandy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this valid for someone from the uk?
    Valid to anyone , anywhere !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Doh, just failed VCA-Cloud with a 270. It's definitely a bit harder than DCV. The videos didn't quite give me enough info to pass - you'll need to look at the different purchase options for the components of the vCloud Suite, and pay attention to which suite components do what.

Knowing what I know now, I'd definitely do a couple hours of labbing with the trial versions, that would probably translate to an easy pass.
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Don't know how I failed the VCA-WM twice. I've watched videos, read several books. Damn.

How ever will I pass the real exam if I can't get through this. I had a 290 both times.
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    Doh, just failed VCA-Cloud with a 270. It's definitely a bit harder than DCV. The videos didn't quite give me enough info to pass - you'll need to look at the different purchase options for the components of the vCloud Suite, and pay attention to which suite components do what.

Knowing what I know now, I'd definitely do a couple hours of labbing with the trial versions, that would probably translate to an easy pass.

Yeah, VCA-Cloud was not easy, especially if you don't work with the technology on an every day basis. Also, the suggested CBT simply isn't enough to get a pass.
    All three DCV, WM & Cloud in the bag.

DCV and WM are reasonably easy to pass based off the CBT but Cloud is a pig. You really need to read around a bit and I'd recommend tackling it AFTER DCV and WM as knowledge gained in the first two help but you still need to do a bit of reading on top of that to be able to pass them.

When I phoned PV in the UK got put through to what appears to be an Indian Call centre and when I asked to book this exam they asked straight away for the voucher code. I think they know it's being well used at the minute :P

Remember
    0) This code is useable worldwide be you be USA or UK or elsewhere.
    1) The code is VCA501 - you can NOT use online you need to phone Pearson VUE (you can phone the number in your own country you don't need to phone the states) to book it don't worry they seem to know about this offer and you won't need to explain much.
    2) There is NO limit on retakes - the certification FAQ on the VMWare site specifically states that you can retake immediately - the only hitch is whether PV is open or not when you want to reschedule
    3) The code is all you can eat - no restriction eg 1 use per account so get all 3 exams in the bag while you can.

I'd seriously recommend you get these certs done fast as VMWare might pull the code at any time considering the amount of abuse it's getting icon_thumright.gif

Happy VCA'ing!

-mrploddy
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I just spoke to someone at VMware because I was getting an error message when trying to get authorized for the VCA-WM. It was telling me I couldn't register because I already had a request in progress. The rep said that it looked fine on her end, and I should expect the authorization within 15 minutes. She also confirmed that the code is good until the end of the month, and as far as she knew, they wouldn't be ending it early due to high use.
    When requesting authorizations from VMWare you have to wait the full 15 minutes and receive the email from VMWare before requesting the next one or you'll get the error message about an authorization in progress.

Another thing to note when linking with VMWare to Pearson VUE is that it might not link to your pre-existing PV account and you might need to ring PV for the first time to create a login / password for the account that the authorisation is attached to. Just a word of warning for those with existing PV accounts who are wondering why they can't link their accounts.

-mrploddy
    All 3 Certs have now shown up on my VMWAre transcript. Mission accomplished!. Now on to Oracle beta exams.....
  • EcioEcio Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mrploddy wrote: »
    All three DCV, WM & Cloud in the bag.

DCV and WM are reasonably easy to pass based off the CBT but Cloud is a pig. You really need to read around a bit and I'd recommend tackling it AFTER DCV and WM as knowledge gained in the first two help but you still need to do a bit of reading on top of that to be able to pass them.

-mrploddy

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. This are my first steps in certifications but I have 8 years of IT experience as System/Network Engineer.
    I've taken the VCA-DCV yesterday and found it easy (460/500 in 15minutes), but I've been a vSphere administrator for some years and I also attended the official VI4.1 Install Configure and Manage in 2011 (and been so dumb not to get a VCP4 at that time
    [*]). Now I'm viewing the online course for CLOUD and it's definitely a bit more difficult, not for the content per se but because it's about products/features that I've never used, and it looks like longer too.

I agree this certifications cant be compared to the entrylevel Cisco/MSFT ones, they're just good to show you know a bit about the technology (what is virtualisation, what is cloud etc..) and specifically what VMware products are useful for. But, you know, for free, better than nothing icon_smile.gif

I hope I'll have enough time to read a bit more about CLOUD in order to get it before the end of the promo.

[*] I'm thinking about paying for a what's new course (there are new 5.5 beta discounted courses) and try to get a VCP5 now, given the fact that I've relocated to another country and I'm still struggling to find a job...
    i dont get it, if these exams are online, what would be to stop you looking up the answers?
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Integrity. Ever heard of this concept?
    sratakhin wrote: »
    Integrity. Ever heard of this concept?

Of course, but i mean doesnt it devalue the certs?/.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    The value of this certification is already low :) Just feel sorry for those who paid for it.
  • TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    These exams are not testing you on how to do something technical... The exams test you mostly on whether you know what a certain feature does or not... The exam is easy enough, if you follow the fundamental training, it's pretty simple.
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +18667527344.Call and register !

Thanks for the number, I had to call because after applying the voucher the website shown an unexpected error.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
    FYI I've just scheduled my VCA-CLOUD exam using Pearson Vue site and this time I had no problem using the voucher code online, no crash on the shopping cart compared to the VCA-DCV exam I did some days ago (so no need to call them). Maybe they've also fixed the other two VCA exams
    You need not call for the exam anymore. You can do it online. Just registered for my WM Exam.

You need not call for the exam anymore. You can do it online. Just registered for my WM Exam.

Yep, an ex-colleague of mine has just scheduled the DCV exam without problems too
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I managed to register online using the voucher code. I don't use VMWare a lot though most our systems run on VMs......
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    From PearsonVue:

As you may know, VMware recently launched a promotion to introduce the new VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification, which provided an additional 50% discount for those registering with the promo code “VCA501,” making the exam free.

If you encountered a technical problem when trying to schedule a VMware VCA exam online using this promo code in the Pearson VUE registration system and were unable to apply the additional discount, we apologize for the inconvenience. We have fixed the issue, and you are now welcome to schedule your free VCA exam at your convenience using the promo code “VCA501.” In addition, we have extended the deadline for this promotion until October 15th. Please go to PearsonVUE.com/VMware to begin the scheduling process.
  • epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed the VCA-DCV on my first attempt with a 283 and went and took it again and pulled out a 320. Now onto the VCA-WM.
  • SpacedSpaced Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    From PearsonVue:

As you may know, VMware recently launched a promotion to introduce the new VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification, which provided an additional 50% discount for those registering with the promo code “VCA501,” making the exam free.

If you encountered a technical problem when trying to schedule a VMware VCA exam online using this promo code in the Pearson VUE registration system and were unable to apply the additional discount, we apologize for the inconvenience. We have fixed the issue, and you are now welcome to schedule your free VCA exam at your convenience using the promo code “VCA501.” In addition, we have extended the deadline for this promotion until October 15th. Please go to PearsonVUE.com/VMware to begin the scheduling process.

Awesome! I guess there is time to squeeze in mobility.
    WGU: BSIT - Network Administration
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the Cloud last night and the DCV this morning. I will probably try the mobility this weekend or Monday but I will have to do the CBT for that since I don't know anything about horizons/view. We are a XenDesktop shop.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Going to try next week to study the material and take the exams. When you schedule over the phone, will it appear in your default Pearson Vue account or the one associated with the VMware request?
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Spider,

You have to have a separate vmware login for the PearsonVUE testing, it shows up in that one.

EDIT: Misread! I actually have no idea, I scheduled it entirely online. Side note, just passed DCV ;)
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    FYI- received an email last night from PearsonVue apologizing for the issue signing up for the free VCA tests online. They said that the free offer was extended to Oct 15.

Does anyone know if you can take multiple VCA exams with this free offer or just one?
    VMware's wording didn't really state yes or no for multiple exams.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD