CCDA Friday

Been away from this forum for awhile.... Well it's here.. I'm going to take the CCDA exam this Friday. I actually have already passed the ARCH exam around June of this year. Had to renew my CCNP and didn't see paying $200 to just re-take one of the CCNP level exams when I could expand out and use my money wisely. So I took the ARCH and now have to back track to be classified as CCDP (which is complete b.s.) icon_rolleyes.gif But it is what it is.. So here's to hoping Friday goes well and I can get two new papers in the mail at the same time :)

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Good luck! I'm guessing you won't have much trouble since you're a CCNP and you passed ARCH.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck! That is really odd that you have to back track and take a lower level exam since you have passed Arch already. Never knew that.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Money grab by Cisco. A co-worker of mine recently passed ARCH to renew his CCNP Security and he will be in the same situation after doing ROUTE and SWITCH.

Good luck!
  • RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    FloOz wrote: »
    Goodluck! That is really odd that you have to back track and take a lower level exam since you have passed Arch already. Never knew that.

Yeah it's that way I believe in every single track except if you go straight to the CCIE Written exams there are no pre-req requirements. I know CCDA doesn't have any but that's changing.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I'm guessing you passed?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    I'm guessing you passed?

Passed this morning with a 941/1000. So I am now classified as a CCDP. First time I've ever had to back track so it seems weird getting two certifications at once LOL. So looks like on to CCNA: Voice which I'd like to get before the end of the year and then probably going to order my lab books from INE to finally get back to my CCIE R&S Studies.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thank you!