Passed TSHOOT, officially a CCNP

Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
I'm excited to say that I passed TSHOOT today. I'm also very happy to have achieved my CCNP.

The exam was very easy compared to the other 2 on the track. Some of the problems were really simple and I wasted some time wondering whether I was missing something because the answers were so obvious.

Finally, next is CCNP Security. I'm thinking of doing FIREWALL -> VPN -> IPS -> SECURE. I have hands-on with all of these except on IPS(my experience there is limited). The plan was to start reading the FIREWALL ocg tomorrow but I don't know who I was kidding with that :D I can't wait so I'm starting as soon as I finish this post. My level going into this is somewhat decent. In other words, I'm not starting from scratch. I work on a lot of ASAs but I plan to take my time and even get sidetracked along the way if I find something interesting that's not on the exam. I'm going to be quite happy if I can pass FIREWALL before the end of the year.
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats! Best of luck in the security track!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Good Luck with CCNP Security. I'm working on that one myself.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Best of luck with your next endeavor!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! Have fun studying.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Thanks gang!

Any recommendations regarding prep material for the NP in Sec? I've got the ocg, quick reference and cbt for all 4 exams but I was wondering whether someone has other suggestions.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your NP !! That's awesome, big achievement.. Good luck on that CCNP Security prolly not too easy, but yea I'm sure that ASA experience will help out.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi