70-410

Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with 760. Not the best result in the world but a pass is a pass. A few questions on the below

Global, Universal groups
Loads on Hyper V
Some powershell
Printers

Also had a question on Hyper-V migration......didnt think this topic would be in the exam.

Comments

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Congrats, On Microsoft tests they enjoy adding all the new information about Hyper-V on their tests. They are trying really hard to catch up to VMware. Technically Hyper-V does give you more out of the box for free then ESXi does, but in my opinion Hyper-V is still pretty buggy.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • $TR1K3R$TR1K3R Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    EV42TMAN wrote: »
    Congrats, On Microsoft tests they enjoy adding all the new information about Hyper-V on their tests. They are trying really hard to catch up to VMware. Technically Hyper-V does give you more out of the box for free then ESXi does, but in my opinion Hyper-V is still pretty buggy.

ESXi-s main advantage is Linux kernel imho
  • Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah i use Hyper V and VMware. I find i get a better ratio (vm's to hosts) on ESXI and just think its a ton cleaner and user friendly. Its still a baby in terms of growth so i hesitate on deploying it in work environments.
  • Chris O'SullivanChris O'Sullivan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...got my test in just over a weeks time. Not looking forward to it to be honest.
    Sure you will be fine mate. have you done any labs?

Just make sure you know your subnetting, hyper V, IPV6 and powershell commands and your half way there.
  • ZandokanZandokan Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ginger9997 wrote: »

Just make sure you know your subnetting, hyper V, IPV6 and powershell commands and your half way there.
    Is there free Labs somewhere to test on that you know are good?
    Nope just brought a HP Microserver. I believe at the moment they are doing £100 cash back and there only £200. Have a look into it. Worth its weight in gold.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass!!!icon_thumright.gif
    I am almost half way through maybe after then i will follow in your footsteps and good luck on your next exam!!!
  • Chris O'SullivanChris O'Sullivan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ginger9997 wrote: »

Been practising on my VMWare Windows 2012 as none of my customers are using it yet. Trying to swat up on PS and IPv6 as much as I can. Hopefully see you in 411 shortly :)
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just about to start studying this, going to do the 90 day to MCSA thing.