Options

Practice lab for 293

Alright chaps,

I'm wanting to setup a practice lab for the clustering side of this exam and was just wondering how you guys who have taken this exam or are studying for it might have prepared?

I've been doing a lot of reading up on the subject but would like to get some hands on practice and then I'll hopefully feel a bit more confident. My exam is booked for 3rd July and I got the Transcender pack this week. Took a pre-set Transcender test and got 78% but I'm still quite weak on Server Availability icon_redface.gif

Any pointers or tips would be great.

Cheers fellas!

Rob.
Up Next : Not sure :o

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    I did it with only one server and one XP client.
    For the clustering I configured my server as the first node in the cluster/NLB, so I was able to do the setup part and configuration.
    Obviously, I wasn't able to actually do failovers/backs and some other stuff, but the concept was understandable; and coupling much reading on the subject with a good imagination, I felt relatively confident about it.

I've never used vmware, but perhaps you could use it for clustering?
    witty comment
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391

I'm using Virtual Server 2005 and have just found a guide on Tech Net. I didn't think it supprted clustering but there you go icon_redface.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/virtualserver/deploy/cvs2005.mspx

Many thanks omni!!! :D
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    webleech wrote:

I'm using Virtual Server 2005 and have just found a guide on Tech Net. I didn't think it supprted clustering but there you go icon_redface.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/virtualserver/deploy/cvs2005.mspx

Many thanks omni!!! :D

Nice linkage. We are HUGE on clustering here in our environment - about 90 physical servers running 270 virtual servers. Just an FYI - HP-based printing engines don't work well on clustered servers, we've had to resort to winprint to get it to work until we "de-virtualized" our printing solution. Not likely to ever pop up on an exam, but it's one of those "real world imperfect situation" things that's good to know.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003