Ccent 100-101

rooterrooter Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, are there a lot of subnetting questions on this exam? How complex are they?

Thank You

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what type of questions are on the exam. It would be a violation of the Non Disclosure Agreement everyone signs off on when they take the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Basically if you cannot subnet quickly you are gonna burn a lot of time. There are plenty of websites out there for subnetting practice. Frankly anything over about 20 seconds for a subnetting problem is pretty poor. Also exams are always different...but as said giving specifics is against the NDA of any certification exam.
  • rooterrooter Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a general question. I wasn't looking for anything specific, was just curious how advanced the subnetting questions get on the the CCENT.
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rooter wrote: »
    Just a general question. I wasn't looking for anything specific, was just curious how advanced the subnetting questions get on the the CCENT.

Actually, you can easily find out what type of questions that may show up on your test. Cisco will even tell you that. They just can't tell you specifics about a question. Going in hoping there would be little to no subnetting involved though would be crazy though. I think you should prepare yourself accordingly and plan on being tested with questions that will require you to know subnetting enough to troubleshoot network problems.