How much should I get paid?

rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im trying to adjust my resume on monster and I believe the reason why Im not getting much hits is because I posted that I wanted 35k a year. I got to looking and noticed that with my current skills someone would have to be crazy to hire me at that wage.

My current credentials are that I have an A.A.S. and will soon be network+ certified. I dont have any real world experience besides the labs in school. I also live in SW Virginia (Roanoke area) and will be looking for jobs in VA and the surrounding states.

So whats my price tag? :)

Comments

• OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Yeah, you shouldn't expect that much in your area with your credentials, but you could easily make that in a big city without good credentials.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    post what you will be happy with and stick with it. sounds reasonable to me.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Kevin.SmithKevin.Smith Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With no experience you can't expect too much. 30k is what you should shoot for starting out (thats what I started at 3 months ago and have already gotten a promotion). I woundn't say take any amount but if you can survive without the money, just look for anything to obtain experience.
    WIP: A+ Essentials
  • rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I lowered it on my profile to 27k which is great for my area. What I really need is experience and I am right now trying to get an internship at UPS which is where I work at now.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Olajuwon wrote:
    Yeah, you shouldn't expect that much in your area with your credentials, but you could easily make that in a big city without good credentials.

Big city normally means bigger cost of living. So it evens out.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.