CCNA achieved!

WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
Cutting it close to the deadline, I passed 640-802. Finally CCNA. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Just in time to to celebrate all weekend!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I'm testing on 640-802 Monday morning.

Hope to join you!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Thanks guys.

LOL jvrlopez you are cutting it even closer than I did! :)
    Hehehe, I was even thinking of taking it around 3 PM CST at first so I could sleep in...then I reconsidered because of the traffic that would be between the testing center and my apartment when I finished. Pretty sure someone in Hawaii will be the last CCNA to test out of 640-802.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • steveyeungsteveyeung Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Good job! I'm testing on 640-802 Monday morning.

Hope to join you!

hope you can join the last train to 640-802!:D
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! Way to bring home a win icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • hypethizhypethiz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hijack a thread guys, but I just learned about this Cisco certification stuff. Why is there a September 30th 2013 deadline for the test? What does this mean for future people?
    CCNA 640-802 has been around for the past few years and will be retired and replaced with a revised and updated version that covers new technologies and expands on some other areas.

You won't be able to take the 640-802 after 30 Sept 13 but the new version, CCNA 200-120, is now available for you to test on.

Nothing to sweat, Cisco is just updating their materials and exams.
  • SerpenteSerpente Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hypethiz, the current exam is being retired at the end of this month and is being replaced with a new exam based on an "updated" curriculum. It doesn't really affect future test takers; if you take the test in the future it will simply have some topics that differ from the pre Sep. 30th exam. CCNA is, and will still be, CCNA. It only makes a difference to those that have already been studying for the exam because if they don't pass the exam before the end of the month then they will have to study the new material which will prolong their studies.
  • RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, feels good, dunit?:)
  • RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hypethiz wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack a thread guys, but I just learned about this Cisco certification stuff. Why is there a September 30th 2013 deadline for the test? What does this mean for future people?
    It updates some things that have been happening in the past few years, which in IT time is light years.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! My test center was booked back to back the entire day with mostly people testing for the 640-802 & 640-816.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Thanks all! Yes it feels good. When I was done I could finally relax. :)

Yeah that's why I wanted to get 640-802 in before it expired. All my materials and studying is on the "old" curriculum, and I didn't want to start over with new books. That said, I do have the transition material that Cisco provides for the new curriculum. It covers these areas:
    EtherChannel
    HSRP
    IOS 15
    IPv6
    Multi-Area OSPF
    Network Management

Of those, HSRP and multi-area OSPF I'm most interested in.
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    Congratulations!! My test center was booked back to back the entire day with mostly people testing for the 640-802 & 640-816.

I was able to schedule about 10 days ago at any time I wanted. And then I rescheduled two days ago for any time I wanted. My testing center is always empty, lol.
    Woohoo! My certificate came in today's mail!
  • AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congrats! I can imagine you feel like your on top of world.

Keep that feeling going!
    Wow, that was fast. Did you pay for the tracked service or did you do the free shipping option? The email I got said 6-8 weeks lol.

cant wait for mine to come in!
    Nope, that was the standard free mailing. Mailed 10/7; received 10/11.

Maybe it helps I live near Cisco HQ? :D
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Good luck on your future endeavors!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif