So who else is cramming this weekend before the deadline?

sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've got ICND2 at 11:15am on Monday. I'm feeling so so at the moment. I just have to hit my weak spots over the weekend. How is everyone else doing before the deadline? Do you feel ready?

Comments

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sixtyten - good luck, man! Must be an exciting adventure cutting it so close! icon_lol.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea.. Monday I will either be celebrating or placing an order on Amazon for a 200-101 book. I won't give up even if I have to take the new test. I will have my CCNA by the end of this year no matter what.

I must say it is a little exciting though to be taking it on Monday. Thanks for the good luck. I need it!! :)
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Me too! Testing at 1015 on Monday on the soon to be extinct 640-802 composite...was originally scheduled for 1pm but decided to reschedule because I have to come in to work for some business (I'm usually off Sun/Mon) and stop by corporate to pow-wow.

Identified my weak areas and will go over them in the books, labs, and write out commands/protocols/info 50 times each at least to have them committed to memory. I'll probably increase the usual 75-100 subnetting questions that I do daily just to get more in (even though I've got it down pat).

Pass or fail, I'm looking forward to taking a week off from studying. On top of working nights, I've been putting in a few hours each day through various mediums. For this final weekend, I've had to cancel brunch with my wife and our friends Saturday, put off on football, and restrain from having a drink just to maintain my study discipline. Not to mention I still have to work Saturday night until Sunday morning and get my sleep schedule on track so I can go in and ace this test! 0_O

I'm feeling pretty good about it at the moment. Have been in packet tracer, Lammle's 640-802 7E Study Guide, Cisco IOS in a Nutshell, Exam Cram's Practice Questions, and quizzing with two of my friends, one of whom is a CCNA/CCNA Security and the other who is testing on Monday as well.

Good luck all!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    No retakes possible, so it's do or die!

Good luck guys.
    Put in about 7 hours of studying before work today.

Since its the graveyard shift, I'll probably review here and there as well.

Same regimen all day Sunday (no football icon_sad.gif) and then its do or die time come Monday.

Monday is going to be a busy day outside of taking the test...its my Saturday, so I can't wait till I'm done for the day and can finally relax!!!!!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
    Didn't get as much time in yesterday to study as I had hoped so I'm making up for it today. I've got my Lammle booked tagged with the areas of weakness and I'm working through Packet Tracer labs and Boson Practice tests. Good luck tomorrow @jvrlopez!
    Thanks! You too ;)

My eyes are burning after looking at my pc for 7 hours at home, 8 at work, and again today.

Just took a nice break. About to head back into packet tracer and the labs :)

Tomorrow it is!
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to all who are taking the exam today!!
    Good luck all!!! Last day! Do or die!

Just studied for 3 hours one last time this morning...heading off to the testing facility after this post!

Nervous! Ready to get this knocked out!

~J
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my exam scheduled in 3 and a half hours. The pit in my stomach has begun to form.
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    My test is in an hour... I have the same sensation
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
    Good luck all! Just got back....passed!!!! But barely.... 841/1000...one of the labs threw me waaaay off...
    great job @jvrlopez! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky. I got a 748 out of 825. Nat and Vlans got me. I studied VLANS early on but didn't go over them again as thoroughly as other topics. Well.. time to get the new book and prepare for the new ICND2! I'm not letting it get me down. I'll get this.

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Guilty. Had to drive over an hour today because all of the close exam locations were booked solid. Managed to take home a pass though so it was all worth it. Good luck to all.

@sixtyten - Great attitude to have. Honestly I think the new material is well worth learning so a fail isn't really that much of a setback. Stay thirsty!
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    I passed the ICND2 with a 918 score. First try :D Had 15mins left at the end of it all too.
    sixtyten wrote: »
    great job @jvrlopez! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky. I got a 748 out of 825.

825 is the passing score. you got 748 out of 1000. Hopefully you do better on the next exam. Goodluck!
  • yengiangyengiang Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great job @jvrlopez! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky. I got a 748 out of 825. Nat and Vlans got me. I studied VLANS early on but didn't go over them again as thoroughly as other topics. Well.. time to get the new book and prepare for the new ICND2! I'm not letting it get me down. I'll get this.

Good luck to the rest of you!

which book are you planning to get? Odem or Lammle?
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And I failed as well, 804/825. Driving back from the testing center I forgot I hadn't saved the configuration on my lab, so that probably got me.
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    And I failed as well, 804/825. Driving back from the testing center I forgot I hadn't saved the configuration on my lab, so that probably got me.

I was curious about that too...since I considered not saving and hitting next as if power cycling the router, I thought it'd be mandatory for your results to even be considered.

I wrote out "COPY RUNNING-CONFIG STARTUP" on my dry erase board and circled it.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Not saving does not take points away. I don't think I've ever saved my configuration on any Cisco exam I have done.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Hah! So another rumor bites the dust. I didn't even bother to check if tab or ? worked. I just wrote out everything in the long notation.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Not sure why it is even a rumor. Cisco has said that is not part of the grading.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Yea I meant 748 out of 1000.. duhhh.. it's been a long night and day. :)
    I passed the ICND2 with a 918 score. First try :D Had 15mins left at the end of it all too.

825 is the passing score. you got 748 out of 1000. Hopefully you do better on the next exam. Goodluck!
    @yengiang

I just ordered the Odom book from Amazon for 200-101. With prime shipping, it should be here on Wednesday. I plan on hitting the weak areas on my exam report. Hopefully I will be ready to take the new test pretty soon.

I ordered the Odom book for two reasons. 1. the new Lammle book wasn't available yet. 2. I wanted another source for material to compare with Lammle's. I think its good to have several sources for the exam to be better prepared next time.
  • TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    not saving doesnt efect, as long as you can ping and etc.. But I am sure one of you forgot no shut command on one of those sims. I failed my first exam 815, and second exam I had the same question, and this time I made sure I ping it first and then realize I needed to enable the interface, and I passed second time.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    @yengiang

I just ordered the Odom book from Amazon for 200-101. With prime shipping, it should be here on Wednesday. I plan on hitting the weak areas on my exam report. Hopefully I will be ready to take the new test pretty soon.

I ordered the Odom book for two reasons. 1. the new Lammle book wasn't available yet. 2. I wanted another source for material to compare with Lammle's. I think its good to have several sources for the exam to be better prepared next time.

Odom book is pretty good. I passed with it without labbing.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)