Feeling deflated!

jambla85jambla85 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I failed the 640-802 for the 3rd time today.Original test was on the 09/09/13 and scored 749, second test was on the 23/09/13 and scored 801, todays test was on the 30/09/13 and I scored 788. I feel like an idiot for failing 3 times, but the time frames were very short between tests, this was because the exam expires today. So now I have to learn a new curriculum and pay for the exam again. So how to do I approach obtaining and learning the new subjects? Thanks guys

Comments

• SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Any reason why you attempted the one shot as opposed the two exam route?
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I agree...

Give ICND1,ICND2 path a shot.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't feel bad. Over three years, I failed about 8 times when I took the ICND2. Yeaaa I should have used that money to get cbt nuggets.

They have the new CCNA books out on Amazon. I think they're cheaper than the books from Ciscopress unless you buy three books from them I guess.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mendysuemendysue Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just recently failed my second attempt. I'm retaking with the new test soonish. I just got these Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library, Academic Edition: Wendell Odom: 9781587144875: Amazon.com: Books in the mail today. Everything I need to start studying for the new test. Good luck.
  • jambla85jambla85 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. Im going down the ICND1 path this time. Maybe I should have done that originally but due to time constraints I thought it would be better to do one exam putting all my eggs into one basket so to speak. It’s very frustrating as I was quite close to passing on two occasions and I feel like I know my stuff very well as I studied hard. The clock on the exam was always against me forcing me to rush the Simulation questions.

I’m determined not fail another exam, so I wont be booking the 100-101 exam until im certain I can pass it. There’s no pressure this time on the exam expiring so I can take my time.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll pass the exam! I'm glad that they didn't change everything for the CCENT/CCNA exams.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****