Passed Security+...Careful on Performance Questions

allenfeydallenfeyd Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed, but it was close with a 785. The biggest problem I had was the performance-based questions. I won't go into details (other than I had a ton of them compared to N+ and A+), but one of them wouldn't load throughout the test. The directions screen would pop up and the header of the question would pop up, but the man screen was just blank for the actual question content. I had nearly resolved to just end the test without doing the question (the review screen had it marked as incomplete). Luckily, it popped up after what seemed like 100 refreshes with time running out. It was an easy one for me and my score wasn't that great so I'm sure I would have failed if it never loaded.

Has anyone else had technical difficulties like that on the test?

Comments

• blackberrycubedblackberrycubed Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OMG! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday! On the very first QUestion ( my first 4 were simulations) and I thought I was doing something wrong. After spending 5 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong I flagged it and continued. Finished the remaining questions and with 15 minutes remaining I went back to the 1st question and it worked.

Just like you it would not load the simulation and it got me worried that I was not following some instruction or doing something wrong!!!!!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass.

For anyone else having these types of problems, if you mention them to the proctor before the exam finishes, you will likely be able to retake the exam for free if you're unable to finish. I'm not sure how they'd handle it if you complained only after you ran out of time though.
  • Shadow RealmShadow Realm Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure if you mentioned it to them during the test that they would try and fix it or give you extra time or something like that.
    Currently Working On: CompTIA A+ and MCITP: Windows 7
    Want To Complete: Network+, Security+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, CISSP (Associate)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)