Options

CISA/CISM Vouchers Available - Army

AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
Hey guys -

I found out there are a bunch of CISA/CISM vouchers the Army is trying to use before they expire. The have to be used on the Dec 14 test. Ask your IAM or IAPM for details.

The first priority goes to IAM II/III and CND-A on orders, then the rest are up for grabs. The only other things that you must complete are the IA fundamentals course on Skillport and the voucher request.

Turn around is about 12 hours to get the code. You cannot register online, only paper based through the ISACA DoD rep.

Why am I putting this out here? Information flows sucks and I am trying to help joe.

Comments

• Options
    kaneohe7kaneohe7 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information! I submitted it to ATCTS this morning. Hope they still have vouchers left.
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are the recommended certs before this certification is attempted? I wouldn't want to turn down a free voucher!
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • Options
    @kaneohe - I think they should. The whole process was a two day turn around from voucher request/reciept through completed registration. The registration showed up in my ISACA account on day two.

Where are you at in Seoul? I did a couple tours over there in in 03 and 06. One on the DMZ the other in Area IV. That place is party central.

@typfromdaco - I think if you meet the requirements from ISACA you should attempt the exam. You can research here IT Certification - Audit - Security - Governance - Risk | ISACA either way no prior cert will determine if you should take the test or not. Determine what you want to do and follow that route CISA or CISM. On a side note if you do not meet them now you can still take and pass the test and apply for certification later. It is a win-win.

The vouchers are non-refundable and will expire (in DEC) without being used. So what have you go to lose? Alot of people would give an arm or a leg to have the opportunity we have gotten with these vouchers. Study hard and pass. Make it count.
  • Options
    kaneohe7kaneohe7 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AnthonyF -

Thanks, got the voucher in my email this morning.

I am at Yongsan, really enjoying it here. With my entire family this time so its not quite the party it was for me many years ago but still a great place to be.
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the military folks, there is a CISM course that might be of help on https://www.fedvte-fsi.gov/‎ as well. Accounts can be created by your command's training team.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    hmatharoohmatharoo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, apologies for asking a silly question. But how can I get the cisa voucher, I am in a desperate need. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    hmatharoohmatharoo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, apologies for asking a silly question. But how can I get the cisa voucher, I am in a desperate need. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    If you are in the US Military, specifically the US Army serving in an IT role you should go to your S6 or G6 (chances are high this is the office you currently work in) and fill out a voucher request and have your IAM submit it for you. You will then receive an email from the DoD ISACA rep. Fill out the document you receive and you will get your exam registration confirmation with 48hrs.
  • Options
    TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    Just sent in my request today. Will see what happens.
    Never thought that the IAF test that I took by mistake will come in handy in a pinch today lol.
    Gotta start studying for the CISM. Never looked too much into it before today
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I want to take the CISM but unfortunately, I'm a Marine. I'll see if my closest training center has vouchers.
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I requested one yesterday; they are out now icon_sad.gif
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    @coty24 - Sorry man... I will add your EE to my distro to make sure you get all the latest.
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Greatly appreciated :)
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!