CCDA Passed

nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Most. Irritating. Exam. Ever.

I'm not sure why, but for me, this was one of the most difficult exams that I have tried to prepare for. I tend to enjoy the practical and lab portions, though, so maybe the 100% conceptual nature of the exam was what did it. Also, I think maybe they outsourced the question writing to people whose first language wasn't English. There were some extremely poorly worded questions and answers.

Score: 985/1000

Oh well. At least I passed. On to CCNP!!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats. I've heard nothing but negative things about the exam but I've heard that the ARCH exam is much better. Keep up the good work!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulationsicon_cheers.gif
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. This one is on my to do list for this year.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    What material did you use to prepare? I am thinking about heading down this path as well.
  • nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    What material did you use to prepare? I am thinking about heading down this path as well.

CBT Nuggets has an updated course that is decent. It doesn't have enough detail. The Foundation Learning Guide is easier to read than the Official Certification Guide, but I didn't finish reading it.

The Official Cert Guide has most of what you need. I went through it a couple of times. It also depends on how comfortable you are with voice, wireless, and security. The CCDA seems to pull from all of those areas at a pretty high level. It covers a much broader scope of material than the CCNA, but does so in much less detail. It's a lot of memorization of different "Cisco X Architectures" (Unified Comm, Enterprise, Campus, DC, ....) and what pieces fit where. Several questions on my test were unclear, outdated, or used awful grammar.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got to admit.. The exam wasn't fun as the NP track but the material is good stuff.. boring at times but over all good stuff..