CISSP Passed

bongadibongadi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed CISSP today. It was my first attempt.

I have just returned home - I am tired and sleepy so I apologize in advance for this incoherent post/rant.

Thanks to all fellow CISSP-cert aspirants and Gurus who hang around on this forum and other forums.

I used:
1) Eric Conrad
2) AIO by Shon Harris + Her lectures + her quizzes.
3) CCCure quiz (paid) - not the "scenario based" item.
4) One set of studioIscope (sp?) - [ got "social engineered" into paying my hard earned money to them buggers]
5) SANS course
6) All kinds of crap from all over the place.

My employer paid for the SANS training and books. I don't have the heart to ask them to reimburse for the crap studIscope thing.

Study Plan:
1) None.
2) Could not have kept it up even if I had prepared one.
3) Although I Did the SANs course thing - via their 'on line live training thing' - the course was taught by one of the authors of the a popular CISSP prep guide. Use your 'inference' or aggregation prowess to figure out who.

Exam:
Each testing center is different - mine was being run like some kind of military establishment. They asked us to take off our jackets and put them in to the lockers, along with our other stuff. I was wondering if they will do full body scan before I get to take the exam. Oh and after taking our jackets they turned thermostat down far enough so that you can freeze your balls off.

Two breaks for rest room - did not have the heart to ask to open up my locker for snacks, did not want to lose focus. Those ladies at the center were meanies - did not see a point in spoiling my mood in the middle of the exam.

I completed the 250 questions in little over 4+ hours. After that I review as many questions as I could.

TONS!! of crap questions -this management , that analysis, blah assessment. Just use your common sense. You will be fine.

Wording of the questions was not tricky - but there were a couple of (gross) typos. Pretty pathetic on ISC2's part - they may want to follow their own ethics and exercise due diligence.

Observations:
My CISSP journey has been an underwhelming experience.

This whole experience has re-affirmed my belief that life is all about hopping on the right bandwagon at the right time.
This CISSP Juggernaut has been a money maker for ISC2 and within a decade it has spawned an industry of 'training providers' who have thrived ( and I mean really made a ton of money) by attaching themselves to this Juggernaut. There was one person ( the First famous CISSP book author) who has genuinely done some work on compiling a prep-material in that gigantic book. Rest who have followed have essentially followed that framework.
There is a lot of overlap in the questions between quiz questions - so that means there is a ton of borrowing of 'material'.
..any way enough for today... got to get back to work. sigh! work...

Comments

• qutubnoorqutubnoor Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bongadi wrote: »

4) One set of studioIscope (sp?) - [ got "social engineered" into paying my hard earned money to them buggers]

My employer paid for the SANS training and books. I don't have the heart to ask them to reimburse for the crap studIscope thing.

Congrats Bongadi!!

I totally agree with you re. StudIscope... worth nothing for me atleast.
    You can Accept to LOOSE or Determine to WIN !!!:thumbup:
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats I guess. Doesn't sound like you enjoyed the journey.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Having tested out on paper for the CISSP, found the experience much more relaxed knowing that I am proctored by peers rather than someone basically off the street. Compare that to say taking any number of other tests in generic testing center and I can only concur - some testing centers are great to work with others have made me feel like I was checking into a jail for the afternoon. It can make a huge difference as to your experience and how your perspective coming away from a test in general.

The testing center will really reflect your last experience with the test in general. Good, bad or otherwise. Congratulations on the pass!

- Beads