regarding mac client

pannupanditpannupandit Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am facing a problem.actually we are having a WIndows and Mac environment. I just want to know that for making a mac client for windows 2003 serer , is there any settings we need to configure on windows server or we just need to make certain settings on mac computer.
thanx

Comments

• geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Well for a start I'd say you need to install Services for Macintosh on your Windows Server 2003.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/01/MacSecure/default.aspx
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    webleech wrote:
    Well for a start I'd say you need to install Services for Macintosh on your Windows Server 2003.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/01/MacSecure/default.aspx

It depends on what he means/wants.

@ pannupandit
    Are you talking about a client for exchange or a "normal" W2k3 server?
    What is needed if you are talking about an exchange (OWA outlook web access or ....).

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • pannupanditpannupandit Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    actually am talking abt normal w2k3 server. so I would need to install services for mac on my win2k3 server. is that what u er saying guys?
    thanx
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, you will need the Appletalk protocol installed on the server.
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    actually am talking abt normal w2k3 server. so I would need to install services for mac on my win2k3 server. is that what u er saying guys?
    thanx

I think it's best to post in that section next time then...
    Just to prevent confusion....

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Were you able to get your mac clients working with your 2003 server? I have been performing alot of mac/2003 server configurations and I can help you out if you have any more questions. Are you going to be sharing files between the 2? Let me know