ITIL OSA v3

MajorMajor Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

This friday im going to try get the OSA exam.

Any valuable tips?

Any certain parts i should priority?

From what ive heard its most about to reason with yourself in diffrent scenarios.

Thanks! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Major, here's a quick way to test your readiness. Take the course syllabus, and make a mindmap for each section without referring to any notes or course material. This will quickly show you any gaps in your knowledge. The sample exams are also a good readiness test - use the rationale and make sure you fully understand why each answer is worth the number of marks it is. Good luck! Claire
  • MajorMajor Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks alot Claire!

Will look into it tonight, have a couple of friends who did OSA 2 weeks ago, is it any point to practise on the questions they did or is at always random?
    Hi Major, the exam you get will be created randomly from a pool of questions, but if you friends have any advice they can pass on it's always useful. Let us know how you get on icon_smile.gif Claire
    Hi Claire!

34/40 so pass, feels great icon_smile.gif
    Thanks for all the help!

/Max
    Congratulations! That's great news, well done icon_smile.gif
    Would you recommend any specific course after this?
    Im thinking about going something projekt-related to use with my itil knowledge, i understand it might depend on what my goals are.
    Hi Major, if you're looking to make a move into project management then PRINCE2 (more popular in Europe) or PMP (more popular in the USA) might be interesting areas to look at. The ITIL SOA Capability is also focused on making sure services meet customer needs so could be relevant if you're looking at projects related to new IT services. Other IT service management related topics that I find really interesting are COBIT 5, OBASHI and ISO20000. OBASHI is about how IT services support business processes so that might be relevant to a project based career too. If you've got any questions about any of them feel free to DM me. Claire
    Hi and thanks alot for the time you put in this Claire!
    Il start off with PRINCE2 in february - looking forward to it.
    Read about Obashi aswell and that might be something i go for in the near future aswell.
    Hi Major, sounds like a good plan! Enjoy your training and let us know what you think of the courses icon_smile.gif
    Claire
  • noman007noman007 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Major, sounds like a good plan! Enjoy your training and let us know what you think of the courses icon_smile.gif
    Claire

anybody share the tips n notes/pole for itil osa exam...
  • jensmith592jensmith592 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations