Options

Comptia video from Power cert, anyone ever tried this??

willIAMsswillIAMss Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Advice please. I'm studying for my A+ exam. I'm using mike myers book and an old sybex book and I want to use a video also. Anyone ever tried the videos from powercert ?

My friend also told me about using a braindump. He said that you won't learn anything from using a brain ****, but it will dramatically help in passing the A+ exam. Which I think is pointless. I want to learn and not just pass the exam.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    willIAMss wrote: »
    Advice please. I'm studying for my A+ exam. I'm using mike myers book and an old sybex book and I want to use a video also. Anyone ever tried the videos from powercert ?

I've not used either, but I hear LOTS of good things about the videos from TrainSignal. But for the A+, as long as the book it up to current standards you should be ok.
    My friend also told me about using a braindump. He said that you won't learn anything from using a brain ****, but it will dramatically help in passing the A+ exam. Which I think is pointless. I want to learn and not just pass the exam.

Anyone who would use one of those (can't even stand to type out the words) for the A+ exam needs to reevaluate their career choice. They're not good for any exam, but for the A+? It'd be like cheating on an eye exam.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• Options
    donfrodinidonfrodini Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should take a look at Messers Youtube videos, thats what people have advised me to do supposedly very good.

I have Meyers A+ all in one book but tbh I find I learn far more from taking practice exams, am about to purchase the Total Tester premium version now (the demo is included on the CD that comes with Meyers book). $125 is pretty pricey but if it helps pass the exam it will be worth it, you should give the demo a try and see what you think.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I haven't loaded the channel, but looking last night for new channels to add to my Roku, there is a private channel available with A+ videos. I have no idea if they are any good, but if you have one of the Roku devices, might be worth checking out.
  • Options
    SpacedSpaced Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have that channel on my roku! They do a video for each exam objective and do a nice job of explaining concepts. It is a bit lengthy though. I plan to use WGU resources, messer videos and supplement with this channel. I don't think I will go through each video but I could see it being very helpful for any areas I might want more detail or areas that are just not sticking with me. For me at least, their presentation style made it really easy to remember the topics.
    WGU: BSIT - Network Administration