Hardware Exam Question

gibc5363gibc5363 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I am starting to get very nervous as I have been studying so much and I think I am ready, I am writting the core exam on Tuesday.

I have a question about the format of the exam, first is it all multiple choice?
Second with some of the qustions is there more then one answer that is right and it doesn't say to choose 2 or anything like that? I don't want to only look for the best answer and then find out you had to pick 2 answers.

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    It is typically Multiple Choice with some "click on the correct item pictured" and I think some drag-n-drop questions (it's been over a year since I took mine). Mostly Multiple Choice though.

Also, one general rule of thumb that most exams follow, practice or otherwise, is that if you see a circle next to the answers, choose only 1. If you see a box, you will have to choose 2 or more (typically). Also, most questions tell you how many correct answers there are, some of the practice exams do not and just state "Choose all the apply" and it may only be 1 though, very deceiving. Your best bet is to just make sure you know the material as best that you can, this way you will know the answer no matter what is shown.

Good luck! :)
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • jason99991jason99991 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, took core exam today... in UK .. it was all multichoice and it told you how many choices ++ also you can go back and check. I passed and I havnt taken an exam in 20 years!!
  • gibc5363gibc5363 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for the good feedback. I really appreciate it.
    Also congrats Jasono for passing.
  • jason99991jason99991 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    iI forget to say Laser Printers and just printers 4+ questions .. dont know why but easy enough to learn.. Thanks for the congrats but i still have to take OS which will be much harder for an old guy like me!

Good luck im sure you do fine
    Thank you very much for those pointers, that is good to here.
    Well I hope I do well.

Thank you
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi gibc5363:

I'm sure you'll do great on the test. Most people are nervous a couple of days before the test. Those that aren't are the ones who fail. They are taking a lot for granted and are often overconfident and therefore not prepared to take an exam. That fact you posted this message shows you don't fall into that category.

Here's something that will help even with just a short time to go before your test. Try to find a practice test that you have never taken before that has at least 50 questions and take it. If you can get 90%, you are doing well. For most of the questions you get wrong, don't just memorize the answers. Go to your study book and reread everything on the topics of these questions. Make yourself very well prepared on those subjects. This way, you will enter the exam room with very few, if any, weaknesses.

Don't worry about getting a real high score on any of these Comtia exams. The way the tests are graded is weird. Also, everybody runs into a couple of questions that are incomprehensively worded. On the other hand if you have a pretty good grasp of the subject matter, you will breeze right through. I predict, you will have no problem and will get a very good score. Good luck. :D
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
    Well I have spent all weekend studying and this time tomorrow I will be finished the exam with hopefully a smile on my face.

I have to say, I really appreciate the feedback that you have given me. I have been doing so many practice tests and some I score really high and some I score with about a 70%. The different websites and different ways of studying have really helped.

Elathrop I am going to use your pointer about using a different practice test and really foccusiing on the answers that I got wrong just before the exam. Thank you very much for that message.

Thanks everyone and I will let you know how I do tomorrow.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Best wishes!

Little late as this is already the 22nd and it looks like you might have taken the exam on the 19th icon_redface.gif Hope it went well!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?