A webdeveloper wants to work as server administrator - Microsoft server 2012 (70-410)

Just420Just420 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I´am a web-programmer and want now to work with microsoft server 2012 administration.

Can I take microsoft certifikat 70-410 and seek work as a server administrator and letter on take more courses?

Can I use 70-410 for anything. Or is it just basisc and can not be used alone ?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's a great place to start, but you will probably want to take 70-411 and 70-412 down the road. 70-410 will show employers that you can work with the Windows Server 2012 operating system, but you'll generally find that anyone who touches Windows servers is expected to know a bit about Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and quite a few other things. The full MCSA 2012 will touch on all those things.

One other thing to acknowledge is that the 70-410 exam, by itself, won't get you the recognition something like the MCSA or MCSE certifications will, especially when floating your resume out there.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Just420Just420 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply Slowhand.
    I might take 70-411 and 70-412 of approx. 5 months, if I can afford it.

I have just heard from many that the 70-410 can not give me a job. !

Do you know how the server administration is in relation to programming. I am thinking, as a sebDeveloper, I constantly have to learn new things and there are often very complexed?
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It seems to me that you may want to go back to the Microsoft website a learn a bit more about the certifications. First, no cert alone will get you a job. They just open doors for interviews in my opinion. Second, I am not sure you are looking in the right area. If your experience and interests are in development, there are certs for that area that may be more suited to you skills and interests. If you do want to go into administration, then certainly go for it but do not count on the certs for a job. You will need to show employers how your past experience relates to your new route.
  • Just420Just420 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MSSoftie wrote: »
    It seems to me that you may want to go back to the Microsoft website a learn a bit more about the certifications. First, no cert alone will get you a job. They just open doors for interviews in my opinion. Second, I am not sure you are looking in the right area. If your experience and interests are in development, there are certs for that area that may be more suited to you skills and interests. If you do want to go into administration, then certainly go for it but do not count on the certs for a job. You will need to show employers how your past experience relates to your new route.

I dont want to work as programmer Anymore.