Sitting the 70-461 Tomorrow

JSQLJSQL Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am sitting the 70-461 tomorrow. I have some MS SQL Server experience from way back and have several years of experience with MySQL, as well as some experience with SQLite, Postgres, Access. I read the MS Press training kit and watched the videos on Microsoft Virtual Academy, as well as numerous free videos on YouTube. I've also spent quite a bit of time on MS TechNet and have been running exercises in an Amazon EC2 instance. I prepared around 1300 flashcards and have been reviewing them every day. I'm rather extraordinarily talented with computers, but I'm really wondering if I am going to pass tomorrow--the vast majority of posters who have passed 70-461 have years of experience with MS SQL Server, and at this point, I have only months.

Does anyone have any last minute cramming resources that I could review?

JSQL

Comments

• ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    All the best, I keep putting it off icon_sad.gif. I think best you can do is review your notes and make sure you get enough rest, last thing you need to be doing is fighting off yawns (and hunger pangs.........my last exam my tummy was growling because I forgot to eat breakfast - that's what happens when one panics) during the test.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I agree with Z. Make sure you are rested and fed.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Zorodzai wrote: »
    All the best, I keep putting it off icon_sad.gif.

Is second shot available in your location? If it is, you should take the test ASAP. Next time you say you are putting it off all the people who contribute to the SQL Server forums are going to start down voting all your posts! icon_wink.gif

Says the guy who has put off the Azure exam for two months...
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • JSQLJSQL Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, thanks everyone. I have been reading TechNet pretty much all day - it is astonishing how many errors and omissions there are in the training kit. I found a couple of errors on TechNet too....
    How did it go ?

We do have second shot here ..................and I'm still chicken icon_rolleyes.gif
    Yes, how did it go?
    I passed it by a fairly broad margin. My score was not as impressive as some I've seen, but it was definitely decent. Apparently, some of my MySQL knowledge is portable. :D
    Congrats!
    Thanks! I'm tacking the 70-462 next.
    Thanks! The 70-462 is going to be a bear....
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JSQL wrote: »
    Thanks! The 70-462 is going to be a bear....
    Nice work on the pass.
  • ClausIRLClausIRL Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass JSQL :) how many weeks/ months did you study for the 70-461 & how many days/weeks did you spend on practice tests prior to booking the exam?