Options

Passed CEHv8 - Question about ECC and VUE?

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
I passed CEHv8 this morning. I took the official class a few weeks ago and read through the AIO book.

Now while trying to find out the status of my test aside from waiting the 4-8 weeks, I realized that the instructions in my book tell me to request a special Eligibility-Evaluation Code (ECC) to test at a VUE testing center. I did not have to enter this in when I registered and was able to take the exam. Is this going to be a problem? I really hope not. I remember my instructor telling me I could take it at VUE and the voucher number is only good at VUE centers which is why I did not read the instructions in the training book that has the ECC. Why would they tell you to ask for a VUE ECC if they don't ask for it? Has anyone run into this problem?

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

When I paid and registered for my CEH, I got a voucher code and an authorization code. I was told the eligibility code would be needed to show the testing center that I had been pre-approved by EC-Council (2 years experience verified by supervisor).

When I went to the testing center (PearsonVue), they didn't ask for it. I tested and passed with no issue.

I don't recall if I received an email after passing (pretty sure I didn't), but you will receive an email telling you that your welcome packet and certificate have shipped (the tracking # is included). This should be in a couple of weeks or so. I passed on 16 Aug 13 and had my certificate about a month later. The welcome packet also has information on how to register with EC-Council to view your certification and continuing education status.

As long as you have your score sheet print out, you should be fine.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had the same question, what to do next, just wait.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How hard was the exam? Can you give some insight? I'm currently going through the official class and am curious.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Study hard, nmap repond (check my blog, there are some examples), different kind of attacks and find out the best solution.

I used Boson exam and it is good (sorry only for the Version7).
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    diggitle wrote: »
    I'm currently going through the official class and am curious.

If you are taking the official course from EC-Council (which is what I did), it shouldn't be difficult. I was surprised how many practice questions in the course content I actually saw on the test.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took v7 too, btw. But from what I understand, content is very similar.