Options

Earned RHCE certification

biohzRdbiohzRd Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

First of all I'm glad I found this website a year ago. It helped me get my certification for both RHCSA and RHCE.
Right now and already looking for a next challenge.

My idea would be going towards more devops topics :
- Configuration management ( I prefer ansible over puppet ).
- CI (Jenkins)
etc

But right now we are in a shift in the IT industry and I actually want to jump the bandwagon.
Any of you guys experienced in this ?

What would be the next challenge for a linux system administrator who also works with vmware. (Maybe VCP ?)

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! This is not an easy cert to obtain.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats!

Ansible is cool, although I think you'll find Puppet / Chef in use more. Maybe look into M collective for a quick MQ with config mgmt. Go for the VCP and possibly a CCNA. Pick up lots of scripting, bash, then either Perl / Python / Ruby. Jenkins is where it's at for builds afaik. Pick up Git or subversion. This also largely depends on what / where you want to go, e.g., storage, web, VM (which you're into now), etc.

I'm curios to hear about the "shift" the industry is in.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness