My journey to CISSP begins TODAY!!!! 17 October 2013.. Hoping for a Merry Christmas

donrecodonreco Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
I received my Eric Conrad ed2 and 11th hour today. So it begins the studying. I am hoping to take the exam just before christmas. I am hoping for a pass as my christmas present.icon_study.gif

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Best of luck. Hit that book hard!
  • donrecodonreco Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Best of luck. Hit that book hard!

Thanks, I will try. I gave myself a short timeframe to keep my interest! Any other pointers?
  • samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read the Conrad book twice. It is a good book. However, the Harris book goes over detailed points that are needed but not covered in the Conrad books. So if you find yourself shaky on the test engine questions, I do recommend the Son Harris book.
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good day to all,

My Holistic CISSP Exam Overview and Preparation tutorial has been updated to support MAC users. We are slowly moving away from flash in favor of HTML5. This could be a good first step in your studies to start everything on the right foot.

I am seeking help from MAC users on different versions of the IPAD, Iphone, and Ipod Touch out there. Please try it and let me know if all went fine. Send me your feedback at: clement.dupuis@cccure.com

THE NEW HTML 5 VERSION
    This version will work for both the PC and the MAC devices using a recent browser.
    https://www.cccure.org/TV/CISSP/presentation_html5.html

FLASH (The old format for PC users)
    https://www.cccure.org/TV/CISSP/presentation.html

FOR MAC USERS USING FIRST GENERATION OF IPAD YOU MAY NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE APP. SEE THE THE LINK BELOW:
    https://www.cccure.org/TV/CISSP/ioslaunch.html

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
    Viewing Content Content Format
    Flash Flash Player 10 or later, and one of the following browsers:

Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later
    Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome
    Linux: Firefox 1.x and later

HTML5

Google Chrome 29 or later on Windows or Mac
    Safari 6.0.5 or later on Mac
    Mobile Safari in Apple iOS 6.0 or later on iPad

Apple iOS Articulate Mobile Player v 2.12 or later in Apple iOS 6.0 or later on iPad

Best regards to all

Clement
  • donrecodonreco Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will give it a try when I get off work. Thanks very much.
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    donreco wrote: »
    I received my Eric Conrad ed2 and 11th hour today. So it begins the studying. I am hoping to take the exam just before christmas. I am hoping for a pass as my christmas present.icon_study.gif

Good luck and keep us up to date. The only pointer I will give is DO NOT get discouraged. It is a tough test and will humble almost anyone that takes it, but it is very beatable. Good luck.
  • rawhiderawhide Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck, I have also started preprations now.

Targetting first week of 2014, Good luck and keep us updated...