CISA December 2013

jota1234jota1234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey!

I've just finished reading CRM (2nd time) and will start doing the full MOC exam. Everytime I finished reading a chapter I tried about 70 questions to feel how much I learnt from that chapter and what points I missed. Chapter 2 and 3 are the trickiest one in my opinion. I also signed up for the 2013 CISA SuperReview - Certified Information Security eLearning Center. It's an online course and really helped understand topics which I had never come acrross before.

Study materials so far are :

CRM
Q&A Database
2013 CISA SuperReview - Certified Information Security eLearning Center. Online Course.

How is everyone getting prepared ? :)

JP

Comments

• arahataarahata Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey JP

How could I find the SuperReview?

Tnx
  • jota1234jota1234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi!

This is an online course. I dont think there is a CBT available for it with the latest version.

The website is: CISA certification exam training and CISA exam questions

Regards,

JP
  • QwaytQwayt Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jota1234 wrote: »
    Hi!

This is an online course. I dont think there is a CBT available for it with the latest version.

The website is: CISA certification exam training and CISA exam questions

Regards,

JP

Could you please tell me what the abbreviation 'CBT' means in this case? Thanks
  • mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Qwayt wrote: »
    Could you please tell me what the abbreviation 'CBT' means in this case? Thanks

CBT - Computer Based Training i.e. e-Learning.
  • SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is SuperReview has different questions comapred by ISACA software?
  • jota1234jota1234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    a small number of the questions are from the ISACA software. The course focus more on the understanding of the concepts and key points that you may come across during the exam. I found it very useful in areas where I had difficult while reading CRM.
  • NG-CyberNG-Cyber Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

I'm also preparing for my second attempt at the CISA exam in December. My first attempt was in June. After the June exam I studied for CISSP and passed the exam last month and got back on the CISA study plan.

I'm using the CRM, DB CD plus a few other ISACA sources. 10 days to go. It's cram time ;)
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

I too am registered to write my exam on December 14th. I've studied the CRM to some extent (although not in-depth) and have been consistently practicing the questions in the Q&A database. It seems that my overall trending score is just shy of 80%. I do come from an audit/technical background (both in education and experience) so hopefully this will help.

For all other previous tests takers (both successful and unsuccessful) do you have any tips in the studying process? How much did you rely on the Q&A database in you test prep, and was the official exam in any way similar to the Q&A database? Any tips would be appreciated.

Here's hoping we all pass!

Cheers

Jerry
  • jerry.stockholmjerry.stockholm Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I also wanted to ask previous exam writers, what percentage of questions would you say were explicitly technical (i.e. a question where you had recall specific knowledge about a type of firewall, a specific network configuration, etc)?