Options

Passed the OS

hartc36117hartc36117 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
That thing was hard!! Study study study.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

celebrate drunken_smilie.gif celebrate drunken_smilie.gif celebrate drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    czar74czar74 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

celebrate drunken_smilie.gif celebrate drunken_smilie.gif celebrate drunken_smilie.gif

congratulations....i though too it was harder
  • Options
    closet haxzorcloset haxzor Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You guys are scareing me icon_cry.gif . Im taking this test, and the A+ core after I spend all summer studying a lot of books, that my high school computer repair teacher is going to let me borrow. He said he read 6 books before he went and took the certification tests. :)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    You guys are scareing me icon_cry.gif . Im taking this test, and the A+ core after I spend all summer studying a lot of books, that my high school computer repair teacher is going to let me borrow. He said he read 6 books before he went and took the certification tests. :)

Exams that are 'Easy' and 'Hard' are relative to how much hands-on training a person has had (IMO). SOme people can read a book or two and sit and take a test. They may not have any long-term recolection of the material and this is why many fall into the 'paper-cert' group. Others are able to read, and have practice, but no real world training. This group is usually better prepared and has better long-term recollection of the information. THe last group is people who have worked for a long time in the field and maybe finally taken the exam.

When the time come to take your exam, you will 'know what you know'. How well that infomartion translates into correct answers during the exam will be how well you 'know' the material.

For myself, I took both exams back-to-back. I worked with OS and Hardware for many years and felt no reason to not take the exams together, because when a box comes into the shop....usually it needs some help on both the OS and Hardware sides. I thought they were both equally easy. However, if I would have walked into the test center without any experience, my thought would likely be completely different.

People who find more enjoyment in swapping out hardware, tend to say the 'CORE' was easy. People who like the OS side fo things, tend to say the OS is easy.

Relax and enjoy :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATS dude.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I thought the A+ (both parts) were relatively easy...of course I starting with computers back in 1981!!! So, DOS commands are second nature (even though they are not as prevalent on the current exams) and overall, I had been messing with computers so long that I reviewed for 1 month (I actually had an A+ class bundled in with my MCSE classes) and took both tests within 2 weeks of each other.

If you have the experience, they will seem easy (and to some, not me, boring) but if you are newer to computer repair and troubleshooting, then I could see where they would appear harder...we actually had one student in our class who had never formatted a diskette, ever...he dropped out of the A+ class because he thought it was way too hard to ever get, so there are all kinds out there.

Congrats on the pass!!! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"