70-291 syllabus=Network+ syllabus(+more)??????????

BUGIEBUGIE Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
This question goes to those who have passed the 70-291 and Network+ exams

After reviewing the Network+ and 70-291 objectives it seems to me that the Network+ exam syllabus is basically covered by the 70-291.

Is this true? if so can i just study for the 70-291 and sit for both exams or is there a need to study specifically for both exams?

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    BUGIE wrote:
    This question goes to those who have passed the 70-291 and Network+ exams

After reviewing the Network+ and 70-291 objectives it seems to me that the Network+ exam syllabus is basically covered by the 70-291.

Is this true? if so can i just study for the 70-291 and sit for both exams or is there a need to study specifically for both exams?

Nope. Sure you'll see the word DNS on the Network+ objectives list as well as the 291 list. But the knowledge requirements for DNS on Net+ and knowledge requirement on 291 are as different as day and night.
  • BUGIEBUGIE Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok. cheers man
  • davemusdavemus Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Was just wondering what the difference is. I have passed 291 and will say the exam I got was 80% DNS with very little BIND refference. Does NW+ go into BIND with more detail. After all DNS is DNS the world over
  • plazticsoulplazticsoul Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On Network+ you will need to learn more about topologies and cabling standards (cable and connector names, maximum lengths, etc). The only real similarities I can think of between between exams are port numbers, protocols, and the OSI model, and some DOS commands. Binary to hex conversion (and vice versa) and subnetting is briefly talked about in N+ material as well.