CCENT Exam ICND 100-101 EXAM HELP!!!!

dank21dank21 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a lot of study materials, however they all offer different styles and I want to use the one closely related to the actual exam. For one, I have the previous 640-816/822 CD and installed the Pearson IT PRactice Test, however they seem way to long and complex to fit in the given time frame of the exam. I also have Measure Ups, however I used it for the Comptia Network+ and measure up really sucked to prepare me for that exam. I also am using Visual cert but I just can't find it reliable because I find mistakes, just like the Pearson IT Cert Practice test.

PLease help! I have my exam coming Monday and I want to pass before I go on vacation. I want to have a fun vacation, not crap vacation because I failed.

Thanks

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not to be mean but are you actually ready for the exam? Do you know the topics that will be covered? If you don't then you might want to push back the date until you feel that you're better prepared. Why not study while you're on vacation? I know I have a lot of questions but I don't like knowing that people failed any type of certification unless they cheated...
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • dank21dank21 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how do you **** on a computer exam with cameras looking down on you from every angle? if there is a way i would not have posted.

on the side note, i believe i am ready. it just pisses me off that there are so many different practice exams out there all saying they are legitimate to the actual test.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The Ciscopress materials cover the topics very well. It doesn't sound like you are ready and there is no silver bullet to Cisco exams except putting in the time and labbing. Cisco exams are no joke.
  • dank21dank21 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The only issue I have is the lab simulation, I understand the concepts, how packets travel along the swith/router and computing subnetting and vslm. Memorizing the endless commands is tough. If you can help, in the exam do they ask a lot of simulation questions. I know its random and every test is different, however if i can just grasp an idea of how the simulations are set i think ill be less nervous.

Someone told me i need to know subnetting because that is majority of the exam. At first i believed him cuz i found it a little difficult to grasp at first, but after a few days i can do it in my sleep.
  • tidyguytidyguy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're definitely not ready. People who flap and panic and ask for help days before the exam never are. At this stage you should be reviewing your notes, not turning to the forums for help.
  • Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    dank21 wrote: »
    I have a lot of study materials, however they all offer different styles and I want to use the one closely related to the actual exam. For one, I have the previous 640-816/822 CD and installed the Pearson IT PRactice Test, however they seem way to long and complex to fit in the given time frame of the exam. I also have Measure Ups, however I used it for the Comptia Network+ and measure up really sucked to prepare me for that exam. I also am using Visual cert but I just can't find it reliable because I find mistakes, just like the Pearson IT Cert Practice test.

PLease help! I have my exam coming Monday and I want to pass before I go on vacation. I want to have a fun vacation, not crap vacation because I failed.

Thanks

Yeah those sim questions are really tough, because of the time scales. I found myself rushing and either misreading or not thinking properly and missing one tiny step which caused the answers to be wrong.

There is a lot to analyze but what you need to do is only focus on the information that matters. Take each potential answer and go, solve it.

If answer a) focuses on Network B, then ignore the rest, simply focus on THAT particular network's details and try and rule it out or in to the question.

I found it VERY overwhelming initially, especially as I'd got 100% on Odom's DIKTA question review. I think it took me nearly an hour to do 9 questions!

As you go on though, you become better at compiling your knowledge and finding it in your brain easier so you can rule things out or in much faster. As others have said if you find them really time consuming I would put the exam back and do a bit more studying. :)
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would have to agree. Either put the test off and study some more or take it so you have a future understanding of how the test is run.

If you pass great but don't consider a fail a waste of money. It is a valuable learning experience that you should use to your advantage.

Good Luck either way.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Syntax is very important in Cisco. Knowing the concept is not enough you have to actually be able to configure the subject. The only way to truly know the commands is by hammering them out. Taking the test is better than a practice test and somewhat close in cost.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the sims easy after only about a month of study and labs.

Use packet tracer or whatever emulator and make labs.
    Put a couple of routers, some switches and several hosts.
    Now setup a bunch of VLANs, ACLs, different routing protocols, and configs on each device.
    You are going to mess up and stuff isnt going to connect/work.
    This is good as you will have to figure it out and learn the logic and commands.

Doing this a few times you will memorize the commands very quickly.