Passed 70-284 today

I passed 70-284 today with a 760. The exam was pretty much what I expected. It did take me a little longer than I originally though though. I used the Exam Cram2 & Exchange 2003 Pocket Administrators Guide to study.

This leaves one final exam for my MCSE. I really can't wait to be done with Microsoft tests (at least until Server 2007 drops). So good luck to anyone who is about to take this test. It isn't all that bad as long as you study a decent source and get some good hands on experience.

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........any hints/tips on this exam.....what were the major topics..............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    Thanks. All I can say is just know the the objectives for the exam. There really weren't any questions out of left field, nor did they focus heavily on one particular area. I really feel this was very fair exam.

On a side note, I was quite suprised today when I logged into my MCP profile today and found out that I'm now an MCSA:Messaging. I didn't even think about that, but I guess that's pretty cool.

I'm just waiting for my 70-298 book and I'll be on my way to getting the one that counts, MCSE!
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    SWEET!

you are almost there.....
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats!
    witty comment
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Congratz , way to go
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    skaeight wrote:
    On a side note, I was quite suprised today when I logged into my MCP profile today and found out that I'm now an MCSA:Messaging. I didn't even think about that, but I guess that's pretty cool.

And it even gets better,
    If I’m correct it looks like you well get 2 welcome kits (one for MCSA and one for MCSA messaging). At least it looked this way when I confirmed my kit, just like you have the option between 3 logo's (mcp, mcsa, mcsa:messaging).
    Correct me if I’m wrong someone who has already got his kit.

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
    By the way, sorry for not wising you (or any one here) any congratulations.
    It’s not that I don’t want to.
    But if figure this way no one will get offended if I would forget him/her.
    I have had some bad experience with this before on some other forums, where I didn’t wish this to some people since I mist the post,
    So I stopped doing it in general.

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

I'm interested to hear your opinion about how well a Pocket Administration guide works for preparing for a related exam. A former coworker collect them for anything he worked with, and I found them quite useful for the actual job, but now that you mentioned it, I think it would be a great way to prepare for MS exams for two reasons:
    1. It covers the most common administrative tasks, just as the exam does (exam topics are based on surveys amongst admins etc.), and hence can provide a basic level of essential skills that the certification should 'prove' in the first place.
    2. Offers lots of info that can be used to practice in a home lab.
    eastp wrote:
    I have had some bad experience with this before on some other forums, where I didn’t wish this to some people since I mist the post,
    I wouldn't worry about that here.
    eastp wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about that here.

Thx,

Then i better start doing it again

Congrats!!!!.

Kind regards
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
  • bbbngowcbbbngowc Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Are there any sims on the 284?
    bbbngowc wrote:
    Congrats on the pass. Are there any sims on the 284?
    When I did it a few weeks ago I didn’t get any.
    So I would say No.

Kind regards.
    Eastp
    Multitasking:
    How many questions is on the exam (284)? I want to take the 291 and 284 this week.
  • Spot1963Spot1963 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Last thing I heard was that the 70-284 has 30 questions.
    MCP / MCDST / MCSA+M
    Passed the : 70-228 / 70-229 / 70-270 / 70-271 / 70-272 / 70-284 / 70-290 / 70-291
    Next to do : 70-350 / 70-293 / 70-299 / 70-294 / 70-297 / 70-285 / 70-298
    So did I. 40 questions!
  • Spot1963Spot1963 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My colleague had 30 questions on the exam, I will find out for myself this friday when I will take the test myself.
    MCP / MCDST / MCSA+M
    Passed the : 70-228 / 70-229 / 70-270 / 70-271 / 70-272 / 70-284 / 70-290 / 70-291
    Next to do : 70-350 / 70-293 / 70-299 / 70-294 / 70-297 / 70-285 / 70-298
    Spot1963 wrote:
    My colleague had 30 questions on the exam, I will find out for myself this friday when I will take the test myself.

If my memory serves me correct,
    I think I had 30 questions (can be wrong but I doubt it).

Of course you can never know, since at the moment I’m almost finishing up on 70-216 and I’m starting to forget basic stuff, like my name…

But who needs that... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking: