Options

CISA Sep 2013

Comments

• Options
    nikolnikol Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Failed icon_sad.gif...anyway I knew it, I was not prepared.

Congrats to everyone who passed!!!
  • Options
    TeaJasTeaJas Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to everyone who passed! I'm thinking to register for the Dec exam, but I haven't started to study yet. I'm just wondering how long have you guys studied for the exam and how much time you put to it? Do you think 2 month will be enough? I have been working ecurity for 4 years but am not in the audit field. Thank you!
  • Options
    diggity801diggity801 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I registered for the Sept 7th exam around the middle of May. I was all about studying for it but soon burned out. Then I found out that they make it almost impossible to drop the exam so about 3 weeks before the exam I started studying to the extreme. You really need the practice questions database to pass in my opinion. That was essential in understanding their question format and tricks.
    ike
  • Options
    diggity801 wrote: »
    I registered for the Sept 7th exam around the middle of May. I was all about studying for it but soon burned out. Then I found out that they make it almost impossible to drop the exam so about 3 weeks before the exam I started studying to the extreme. You really need the practice questions database to pass in my opinion. That was essential in understanding their question format and tricks.
    ike

Thank you Diggity801! So the CD=QAE+QAE Supplement right? That all what I need plus the manual?
  • Options
    matthew2012matthew2012 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TeaJas wrote: »
    Thank you Diggity801! So the CD=QAE+QAE Supplement right? That all what I need plus the manual?

Hi,
    I think the manual is essential to let you understand the scope of testing, and the DB is for you to test your understanding.
    For your reference, I studied less than a month and did less than 200Q. (bcoz have insufficient time for me) but I got CISSP hence, those materials were already known.....
    icon_profileright.gif
    Hence, the exam preparation duration depends on your working exp./ background
  • Options
    AndiSmithAndiSmith Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just used the QA Test DB for about 15 hours splitted to 10 days (i think, I saw about 400 Questions within that time) . I think professional experience is key for passing.
  • Options
    I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait 5 more weeks to actually get the certification? Sigh...
  • Options
    I just submitted my application. Do I have to wait 5 more weeks to actually get the certification? Sigh...

I saw from the other thread....the shortest time was less than a week.~~
  • Options
    I saw from the other thread....the shortest time was less than a week.~~

Did you get a reply stating they they received your application? I just got a general FAQ email reply.
  • Options
    Did you get a reply stating they they received your application? I just got a general FAQ email reply.
    That is auto-reply....

Later there will be a confirmation from Dept: Certification <certification@isaca.org>

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 6-8 weeks. "
  • Options
    That is auto-reply....

Later there will be a confirmation from Dept: Certification <certification@isaca.org>

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 6-8 weeks. "

And still no confirmation email. They really like to torture people I swear.
  • Options
    Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got email this morning that the application is under review from the Certification Dept.
  • Options
    The ISACA webpage went from from something like "apply now" in the top left corner to just "Sept Pass" and now it says Application Status: Unreviewed right beneath it, when it did not before. So they must have received it and updated the website but for whatever reason did not email me. Oh well - I'll just wait the 5 more weeks to get an answer.
  • Options
    I received another email his morning, wordings and meanings are similar:

"We recently received your application for the CISA certification. By passing the exam and applying for certification, you have taken a significant step in distinguishing yourself from other professionals.

The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 6 weeks) will depend on whether or not we have received all of your documentation (verification form(s), transcripts, etc). Should any additional information be required, you will receive a separate e-mail outlining the missing information. "
  • Options
    The ISACA webpage went from from something like "apply now" in the top left corner to just "Sept Pass" and now it says Application Status: Unreviewed right beneath it, when it did not before. So they must have received it and updated the website, but for whatever reason did not email me. Oh well - I'll just wait the 5 more weeks to get an answer.

It can be as long as 6 weeks....it says
  • Options
    Hi,
    I think the manual is essential to let you understand the scope of testing, and the DB is for you to test your understanding.
    For your reference, I studied less than a month and did less than 200Q. (bcoz have insufficient time for me) but I got CISSP hence, those materials were already known.....
    icon_profileright.gif
    Hence, the exam preparation duration depends on your working exp./ background

Hey thank you Matthew2012! I just started the DB, and still waiting for the manual to arrive. Do you know how long does it usually take for shipping?:)
  • Options
    AndiSmith wrote: »
    i just used the QA Test DB for about 15 hours splitted to 10 days (i think, I saw about 400 Questions within that time) . I think professional experience is key for passing.

LOL... I don't think that will work for me tho~ Have to study hard in the following 8 weeks!
  • Options
    shavon124shavon124 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed > again!
    I don't understand this exam. I am using the CD and answering the questions with no problems scoring 80% and higher. I've also worked in the audit field for a few years and taken this exam before. I don't know what else to do. I need HELP please!! Maybe I'm over thinking it? Any good tips for passing?
  • Options
    Anyone have a status of anything other than 'unreviewed'?
  • Options

Still Unreviewed....
    Don't know when will it be done. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    I received the physical letter in the mail stating I passed (for some reason I wasn't signed up for email). The letter stated that I scored in the top 20% of the people testing that day (about 90 people), while the web page doesn't mention that. Feels good but too bad it doesn't really mean anything.
  • Options
    I received the physical letter in the mail stating I passed (for some reason I wasn't signed up for email). The letter stated that I scored in the top 20% of the people testing that day (about 90 people), while the web page doesn't mention that. Feels good but too bad it doesn't really mean anything.

Congratulations anyways.... icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    In other thread:
    84340-cism-cisa-crisc-cgeit-december-2012-feedback-8.html#post735399

So admirable icon_cool.gif

It seems ISACA cannot completed within two weeks this time.
    Hope not to be two months. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    In other thread:
    84340-cism-cisa-crisc-cgeit-december-2012-feedback-8.html#post735399

So admirable icon_cool.gif

It seems ISACA cannot completed within two weeks this time.
    Hope not to be two months. icon_twisted.gif

I bet we find out about two weeks from now. I'm calling November 6th or so is when we find out about the application acceptance. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    whatever930whatever930 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mine is "complete-under review"
    waiting is torture...
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Diggity,

Did you score in the top 20% for your testing center or top 20% worldwide for testers that day? I was in the top 10% and I ASSUME, although not safely, that it is a worldwide reference to all CISA testers that day. Does anyone have any clarification on this?
  • Options
    Diggity,

Did you score in the top 20% for your testing center or top 20% worldwide for testers that day? I was in the top 10% and I ASSUME, although not safely, that it is a worldwide reference to all CISA testers that day. Does anyone have any clarification on this?

It is just in regard to those we were testing with that day. In my case, the group that tested in downtown Los Angeles on Sept 7th.
  • Options
    Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□

Application Status approved as of yesterday evening
  • Options
    Kris_g wrote: »

Nice! Mine is 'Complete-Under Review'. Hopefully it doesn't stay like that for weeks.
  • Options
    Kris_g wrote: »

Approved? Congratulations ...
    I'm still under unreviewed icon_redface.gif