ITSM Foundation Certificate in Problem & Incident Management

joba19joba19 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having done the ITIL Foundation last year, I am planning to take the ITSM Foundation Certificate in Problem & Incident Management (BH-009) with Prometric.

I am planning to self study. What are recommended for this exam? Anyone that took the exam, how was it?

Comments

• vijayfreshdeskvijayfreshdesk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same here. I finished ITIL foundation in July and thinking of going for ITSM for ISO 20000
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I am considering ISO 20000 as well since it is offered by loyalist and I can take it from the comforts of my home :)
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ISO20000 is a great complement to the ITIL Foundation. You could also try looking at COBIT 5 and OBASHI, both of which have web based exams available at Foundation level.
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @Claire - I have been trying to gather info on the COBIT 5 and am not quite sure if one can do the exam without attending an accredited course. Is it possible to self study and book for the COBIT 5 foundation exam ?
    ISO20000 is a great complement to the ITIL Foundation. You could also try looking at COBIT 5 and OBASHI, both of which have web based exams available at Foundation level.

I know loyalist offers the ISO 20000. Who offers the OBASHI and COBIT 5? Thanks for the info as I am just getting into the online proctored exams. I took the ITIL last weekend and signed up for the CompTIA Server+ remote proctor pilot exam. Would love to take others if I know who is hosting the test.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Do you know the prices for the online OBASHI and COBIT 5 exams? Self study sufficient for either?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    I believe both COBIT 5 and OBASHI are available for self study. The exams are offered online by APMG International, but you can only purchase an online exam from a training organisation after taking a course (either in a classroom or online) - if you have self-studied then you'd need to check with them about exam centres. The APMG online exams are slightly different to those offered by Loyalist - the session is recorded and reviewed afterwards rather than being proctored by a live person. We charge $175 for the COBIT and OBASHI Foundation exams, but we're only allowed to sell them to delegates who have taken our training.
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @Claire - thanks for the info
    I believe both COBIT 5 and OBASHI are available for self study. The exams are offered online by APMG International, but you can only purchase an online exam from a training organisation after taking a course (either in a classroom or online) - if you have self-studied then you'd need to check with them about exam centres. The APMG online exams are slightly different to those offered by Loyalist - the session is recorded and reviewed afterwards rather than being proctored by a live person. We charge $175 for the COBIT and OBASHI Foundation exams, but we're only allowed to sell them to delegates who have taken our training.

Link to your training site please.
    WGU MSISA
    Hi tprice, both the COBIT 5 and OBASHI foundation courses can be found at www.ITTrainingZone.com. There is an offer on the COBIT 5 course until the end of the month - the exam is free when you purchase the training and use code LAUNCHSPECIAL at the checkout. The free resources sections for OBASHI and COBIT contain some information about how they interact with ITIL, what they are etc. with no registration required. Please DM me if you've got any questions, Claire
    After looking over the training catalogue I simply cannot justify spending that kind of money on foundation level training and exam. Thanks for answering my questions and introducing me to these certifications though.
    WGU MSISA