Targets for 2014

Comments

• Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    2014 targets = completing 2013 targets icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    BGraves wrote: »
    I'm looking at doing CWTS Nov, CCNA Security Jan, try to get a BICSI ITS Installer
    This is the first time I've ever heard of BCSCI. Can anyone tell me a little about them?

2013 COMPLETED:
    1. MCITPs I started back in 2012 (Included MCSA).
    2. Knocked out the CASP as an immediate requirement for my new job (8570).
    3. Knocked out those 3 free VCAs in 2 afternoons (debating even listing those).
    4. Did all the ITIL-Foundation training at work for 4 days while waiting on accounts to be created and provisioned. Tested at home with loyalist. Employer paid me back and it took minimal effort so I figured why not.

End of 2013 GOALS:
    1. I bought the CompTIA Server+ remote proctor pilot exam. I have to sit that before Nov. 15th. (Will post about the experience after since they claim the offer was limited to only 150 testers.)
    2. Brocade Certified Network Engineer. I want to grab this while they are still offering the free voucher. Don't judge, I'M CHEAP!
    3. Maybe the 70-410? I bought VMware lab gear to set up a windows enteprise environment. The plan is to lab through the MCSE:SI/PC (which will most definitely roll over into 2014) but my job role as SCCM administrator is requiring me to spend a lot of time studying that so hopefully squeeze the 410 in before the new year.

2014 Goals:
    1. Finish MCSEs
    2. Hopefully my employer has provided VMware training course to make me eligible for VCP. Will certainly be playing with ESXi at home, A LOT.

EDIT: Formatting
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its going to be a long year with the World cup and Champions league games :p

2014 Goals:

My target is first to get my computer science degree. (almost done, hopefully by June)

-Start CCNP (SWITCH, ROUTE & TSHOOT)
    -Get JNCIA-Junos
    -ITIL
    -Learn Python
    -Get CCNA-V

Thats it for now.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Targets/Goals for 2014

Get my Post-Graduate Certificate in Technology Management (and continue my way thru to the PGDip then Masters - longer term)
    Passed the Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) exam
    Pass a Project Management cert

Get my Black Belt in Tang Soo Do if I fail it this year...
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My original 2013 goals:

VCAP5-DCA - Passed
    VCAP-DTD - Passed
    VCAP-DTA - Not released/would have skipped
    VCAP-CID - Passed
    VCAP-CIA - Skipped

Raise my salary to > $150k - done

Stuff added to 2013 goals:

VCDX5-DCV - Failed the tech review
    VCAP-Cloud Governance - Probably won't be released until 2014

Goals for 2014:

VCDX5-DCV
    VCAP-CIA
    VCAP-Cloud Governance
    VCDX-Cloud
    VCAP-DTA - if I get bored
    VCDX-DT - Same as DTA

Become Obama millionaire - Probably won't happen for a while, but I can always dream.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    My 2013 goal was the CCNP which is already done. Next is the CCNP Security which was supposed to be the 2014 goal but it turned out that I underestimated myself again - I'm studying for FIREWALL at the moment and there isn't anything that I'm not familiar with on this exam.

So in early 2014, I will finish my CCNP Security. Next is either CCDP or OSCP. However, if I do take on OSCP, it will be during the summer because otherwise there won't be enough time(work and school + certs has been crazy).

Anyone planning on going for OSCP in 2014? I have been waiting for this a long time and I really hope I can start the pain sooner.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    dave330i wrote: »
    VCDX5-DCV - Failed the tech review.

Have you posted about this yet? If so, link?
    I just learned about the peer review aspect of the vcdx and interested in reading about it.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I have some fairly difficult goals for 2014. I'll be focusing on a number of expert level certifications which means lots of late nights and endless hours of lab time!

Goals for 2014:

CCIE Service Provider
    CCIE Data Center
    NetApp NCIE-SAN on Clustered Data ONTAP

If I finish 2 of the 3 I'll consider it a resounding success!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Have you posted about this yet? If so, link?
    I just learned about the peer review aspect of the vcdx and interested in reading about it.

Tech review is before panel review. Basically, they have a VCDX review your design to see if it can pass the panel review.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I'm not a cert whore, which is funny with being a member of this site (lol), but these are my two definites....

2014 Goal:
    CEH v8 (personal interest)
    GSEC ( job is paying for it, so I may as well knock it out)
  • Options
    L. SmithL. Smith Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Goals for 2014:
    CCNA
    Sec+
    CCNA Sec
  • Options
    tjh87tjh87 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I figured I would post this here to make it official, but my current goals are in my signature. I completed my CCNP this year and plan to complete the CCDA by the year's end. I hope to start on the CCDP right after the CCDA (because of my CCNP I only have 1 exam left for the CCDP). After that it's on to CCNA Security followed by CCNP Security. To all those who read my TSHOOT post, this plan has changed quite a bit. I am putting an emphasis on the Security track due to my heavy involvement with firewalls in my new position. All of this and continuing on with my Bachelor of Science in CIS. No social life for me!

Edit:

Forgot the VCA-DCV by year's end. It's free and my new position has me working with vCenter/vSphere. I figured it can't hurt.
    2013 Goals: /COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd CCNP, [ ] CCDA, [ ] VCA-DCV
    2014 Goals: [ ] CCDP, [ ] CCNA Security
    , [ ] CCNP Security
    2015 Goals: [ ] Finish BS in CIS,
    [ ] CCIE R&S Written
    2016 Goals:
    [ ] CCIE R&S
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My 2013 goal was the CCNP which is already done. Next is the CCNP Security which was supposed to be the 2014 goal but it turned out that I underestimated myself again - I'm studying for FIREWALL at the moment and there isn't anything that I'm not familiar with on this exam.

So in early 2014, I will finish my CCNP Security. Next is either CCDP or OSCP. However, if I do take on OSCP, it will be during the summer because otherwise there won't be enough time(work and school + certs has been crazy).

Anyone planning on going for OSCP in 2014? I have been waiting for this a long time and I really hope I can start the pain sooner.

Hey MoP, I would like to get started on OSCP next year but it wouldn't be till late Q4 2014. My employer is sending me to SANS again so i'll be getting the GPEN by Q2 and then CCNA and CCNA Security through WGU. I think this would be a good lead up to OSCP.

Starting WGU Nov 1st so will get the associated Certs in 2014 (hopefully!).

Other than that, does Certificate of Marriage count? I'm told that is a tough Cert to study for :)
  • Options
    arrogantbastardarrogantbastard Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Current 2013 goal:
    Finish the new ICND1 and test for CCENT

2014 goal:
    Finish ICND2 and certify for CCNA
    Move on to CCNP and complete all three exams
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be taking the Network+ exam next week, but I am pretty confident that I will pass. I will be able to dedicate the entire year of 2014 to completing certificates, so I am very excited! The certifications I would like to achieve by the end of next year are as follows:

ICND2
    CCNA Security
    CCNA Voice
    CEH v8
    CASP
    CAPM

I would love to be able to add more to this list if there is time, but if not, then this list will fill out my after Army resume.

Also, is there a recommended Windows certification that I should take if I have 0 experience with the user and server side of IT? My job involves in implementing the WAN with routers, switches, and firewalls, but I am definitely lacking on the system side of the house. Thanks!
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I think I will most likely be able to squash the CCNA DC by the of this year ...seems real easy. So then for 2014 ill aim for CCNP DC and if I get that done I will look towards starting to study for CCIE RS written
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to take the 2nd exam for the Linux+ / LPIC-1 in the next 2 weeks so once that's out of the way then it'll be time to finish the MCSA on 2008. That should take me a decent ways into 2014. After that, I'm not sure if I want to aim for MCSE Server Infrastructure or VCP. EIther way, I'll be busy.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Zorodzai wrote: »
    2014 targets = completing 2013 targets icon_rolleyes.gif

You and me both.
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GREM, Linux+, SANS Gold Paper first half of 2014 and either back to school or continue on to GSE written exam.
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    EngRob wrote: »
    Hey MoP, I would like to get started on OSCP next year but it wouldn't be till late Q4 2014. My employer is sending me to SANS again so i'll be getting the GPEN by Q2 and then CCNA and CCNA Security through WGU. I think this would be a good lead up to OSCP.

Starting WGU Nov 1st so will get the associated Certs in 2014 (hopefully!).

Other than that, does Certificate of Marriage count? I'm told that is a tough Cert to study for :)

Oh, great, I was starting to think I'm alone on this one :D Maybe we can form a study group or something, to bounce ideas off each other.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    2014 - Knock out certs related to WGU BS in whatever. Still bouncing around trying to figure out whether I should do CCNA & CCNA:S, MCSA 2012, or RHCE. What's the easiest? I'm efficient (aka - lazy). Leaning towards Unix just because I think it will be helpful in the long run if I end up doing 3rd party vulnerability assessment/pen testing.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Gcia , gpen and gcwn.

Oscp and vcp-dcv.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CISSP, OSCP, and eCPPT. Finish out my CCNA:Security as well.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    xaxxax Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eCPPT and OSCP
  • Options
    ExamFeverExamFever Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Only managed to complete CCNA this year, but planning to do much more in 2014!! Took a while to get used to studying for Certification, CCNA being my first certification.
    Started CCNP Route already,
    Goals for 2014 -
    CCNP
    CCNA Security
    Apply for MS in Networking
    I am all geared up!! icon_thumright.gif
    All the best for those aspiring!!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    2013 - A+, half way done should be done in 2 weeks or so

2014 - I am not sure, I will need to pick 1 or 2 and focus. I am thinking CCNA and a MCTS like the 640. I would get a little more ambitious but I am going to school full time/year round and need to leave some time for that as well as the family and work.

There are some real high achievers in this thread! I am always motivated when I see what people are doing or have done in here!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @ ExamFever "Only managed to complete the CCNA this year". Don't sell yourself short that's excellent a lot of people never get around to it. @ Chris don't allow yourself to get to far out ahead. I would consider picking one certification / skillset and deep dive making sure you know it. 640 or the CCNA would be excellent to go after A+. Of course a lot of it depends on which direction you want to go but 640 would be a really nice pick up after A+ IMO, unless you KNOW you want networking true and through.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    2013: CCIE Written
    2014: CCIE R&S and CCDA, CCDP
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm probably gonna knock out LPIC-2, CCNA security and RHCE if my employer pays for it.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    @ ExamFever "Only managed to complete the CCNA this year". Don't sell yourself short that's excellent a lot of people never get around to it. @ Chris don't allow yourself to get to far out ahead. I would consider picking one certification / skillset and deep dive making sure you know it. 640 or the CCNA would be excellent to go after A+. Of course a lot of it depends on which direction you want to go but 640 would be a really nice pick up after A+ IMO, unless you KNOW you want networking true and through.

Where I work we handle everything from avaya install/setup to networking to admin on windows desktops and servers with a little bit of everything sprinkled in. In short I think any associate level cert would help but the ccna and Mcts are probably the most marketable and in demand in this area which is why I choose to start there. Maybe the ITIL foundations as well since we do a fair amount of managing all this as well.