Network+ Scoring Questions

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, taking the Network+ next Friday. The CompTIA website says "Maximum 100 questions" and passing score "720 (on a scale of 100-900)"

1. How many questions are all of you getting? Is it adaptive?

2. Is 720: 720/900 = .8. Is 80% the passing score?

3. Any tips?

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nobody can answer specifics on the test because it's against the NDA. Each test is different as well. The test is out of 900 because they include questions in the exam that don't actually count...to see how well they are worded for future exams. If you have a good grasp on the material I would take the exam. Remember it's an entry level exam but you need to have a good grasp of the objectives.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums matai,

CompTIA mentions that you can get a maximum of 100 questions but people typically get about 70 to 80 multiple choice combined with three to ten performance based questions.

The test is not adaptive. If you don' know the answer to a question, mark it, skip it, and move on. At any point during the exam you can go back to the question.

Thinking of it as an 80% score is OK. From a grade perspective an 80% is a B-. While you might be able to pass some school courses with a "D", you can't pass this with a "D".

Make sure you read up on the performance based questions before taking the exam.

Good luck.
  • 403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have not sat the Net+ "Yet".
    That said however like every test I'll give you this advice:

Read each question slowly.
    Read each answer slowly.
    Go back and read the question again.
    Then select your answer carefully.
    Do not change your answer unless you are 10x10^10000 % sure you were wrong.
    Stay calm.
    Don't panic.
    As always, bring your towel.

Good luck and have fun. o7
  • Suzette52Suzette52 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I realy like it .I appericate this thread.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry my response was quick lol. Thought you were asking more specific. Go with your gut on answers because that usually is your best answer. Be aware of your time and keep moving. The flag option is your friend and will prompt you to check flagged answers at the end.

If for some reason you don't pass, don't worry you wouldn't be the first, look at what areas you struggled on and review them. With CompTIA I believe you can take the second try immediately but have to wait 2 weeks between the 2nd and 3rd.

Knowing how many questions you can miss is really not a factor because in the end you will pass or fail.