Options

LPIC 1 is it really beneficial?

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
LPIC 1 is it really beneficial? Is it really beneficial to have this? if you have this and lpic 2 and say red hat is there money to be a linux admin?

Comments

• Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    I recently got my Linux+ and LPIC-1 certification. For me, it was worth it... It allows me to continue with my current job. I also learned a ton by preparing for this cert.

As for the long-term financial payoff - I will have to wait and see.

I do plan on getting my LPIC-2 and 3 down the road, just because I learned so much by doing the LPIC-1. I can honestly say I'm familiar with Linux now, because of it.

With skill... I'm sure the money will follow.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're actually applying what you learn while you're learning it then I think it's definitely worth it. While the RHCE is more marketable and performanced based, the lpi certifications will teach you a lot and the knowledge I've gained has helped me on the job.
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It got me a job icon_wink.gif. I had to do a technical interview, but I think the certification got me into the door.

As to the question is the money good? The money in the world of Linux is superior to the world of Windows (or that was my experience when looking into it). The senior guys I work with (many years experience) make in excess of 100K a year.