Passed RHCSA

I got 250. I've been putting this off for years now, but I'm finally going through with it. I have the RHCE scheduled for early december.

I've been a Linux admin for 4 years now and I didn't really study as much as I should have. I basically fired up a RHEL container on EC2 and went though the Practice Exams book by Michael Jang a day before the test icon_lol.gif

I definitely feel this is the most legit cert test I've ever taken though. I like it so much in fact that I'm planning on going through with all the other tests for RHCA. Red Hat has put together a really good program!

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations ! I am also on the path. I just started preparing for the rhcds !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• prampram Member Posts: 171
    Cool! All of the certificates of expertise sound really neat, I think I want to start with Performance Tuning or Server Hardening.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • chownwwwchownwww Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took RHCSA exam few weeks ago as well. Congratz on your result!
    welp i passed the RHCE today

Passing score for the exam: 210.0
    Your score: 247

Result: PASS

finally done!
  • antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on both. These are up next for me. Did you do Linux+ and if so, how are they with regard to level of difficulty (comparison).
    Yeah I have the Linux+

Studying for the Linux+ was ironically more difficult for me, as it covers a wide range of stuff that I rarely use. I didn't really like the test, but it's hard to articulate why without getting into details. I'm not a fan of the LPIC-2/3 objectives either, they focus too much (imo) on interoperability with Windows. Some of the material is worthwhile however.

The RHCSA test was pretty good, and kinda tricky at times. The RHCE was more straightforward because it primarily focuses on configuring services. If you've worked in a Linux admin position for a handful of years then they're both very easy. I honestly only studied a total of like 5 hours for both tests. A good way to learn is to spin up some micro RHEL containers on AWS and go through the objectives.

Overall I'd say the LPIC material is worth learning, but the Red Hat program is better overall.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on RHCE! I don't know yet if I want to continue on and work on RHCE next year or not. There's really not much else in terms of certifications that I want to get (other than maybe CISSP). So I may get my company to send me to training and take the exam.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice one!

I'm going to do L+ after Xmas, then on to RHCSA, feel like, even though I do use Linux almost daily, it might give me a good grounding to sort of start from the beginning.
    You should just do the RHCSA imo, Linux+ really isn't worth the $350.